Lens-only bag with room for 3 lenses

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by Jermonic, Mar 6, 2015.

1. Jermonic

Jermonic Mu-43 Veteran

Jan 14, 2012
    Denmark
    Dear community....

I'm looking for the smallest possible bag (that can resist a bit of rain/dust), with room for my lenses:

- P12-32
    - O17/1.8
    - O45
    - S7.5 fisheye

One lens will be on-camera all the time, but the three that aren't, need a home...a bag. Oh, and he camera already has it's own bag, a small Crumpler one.

The bag needs to be as small as humanly possible, and would be nice if it was either slingstyle, beltstyle or a mix. And be able to hold at least two lenses (three preferable).

My search online has found me nothing interesting so far, so I figured you gals and guys might be able to help me out.

2. Ramsey

Ramsey Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jan 9, 2013
    Zagreb, Croatia
    Think Tank mirrorless mover 20?

3. Jermonic

Jermonic Mu-43 Veteran

Jan 14, 2012
    Denmark
    Well you put me on track, I'll look it up.

4. davidzvi

davidzvi Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Aug 12, 2012
    Outside Boston MA
    David
  5. barry13

barry13 Super Moderator; Photon Wrangler Subscribing Member

Mar 7, 2014
    Southern California
    Barry
  6. barry13

barry13 Super Moderator; Photon Wrangler Subscribing Member

Mar 7, 2014
    Southern California
    Barry
    I wound up getting a 'first aid pouch' made by Voodoo Tactical; they're available online or at Turner's Outdoorsman (though Turner's didn't have black in stock)...
    http://www.voodootactical.net/p-891-voodoo-tactical-molle-tactical-first-aid-pouch.aspx
    It goes on any belt or on MOLLE mounts.

Note the pouch isn't padded; just thick nylon or cordura.

I can fit all of the following in it at once:
    O 17mm f1.8 w hood (forward or reversed)
    O 45mm f1.8 (back-to-back with the 17mm) w hood (reversed)
    O 40-150mm R f4-5.6 w hood (reversed)
    business card (in front pocket)
    SD card holder(s) in inside loops

I recommend gluing a couple lens caps together for the 17mm & 45mm back-to-back, and putting a thin piece

The Pentax Auto 110 70mm f2.8 fits in place of the 40-150mm R, btw, as would many of the other 'kit' lenses.

There is also an inside pocket; might be able to fit a filter in there (preferably in a hard plastic case), but it depends how stuffed you have the pouch. Mine's fairly stuffed with the 40-150mm R with hood.

I also carry ziplock bags inside; in case of heavy rain I can ziplock bag the lenses and put them back in the pouch.

Barry

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.