1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Lens-only bag with room for 3 lenses

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by Jermonic, Mar 6, 2015.

1. Jermonic

Jermonic Mu-43 Veteran

Jan 14, 2012
    Denmark
    Dear community....

I'm looking for the smallest possible bag (that can resist a bit of rain/dust), with room for my lenses:

- P12-32
    - O17/1.8
    - O45
    - S7.5 fisheye

One lens will be on-camera all the time, but the three that aren't, need a home...a bag. Oh, and he camera already has it's own bag, a small Crumpler one.

The bag needs to be as small as humanly possible, and would be nice if it was either slingstyle, beltstyle or a mix. And be able to hold at least two lenses (three preferable).

My search online has found me nothing interesting so far, so I figured you gals and guys might be able to help me out.

2. Ramsey

Ramsey Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jan 9, 2013
    Zagreb, Croatia
    Think Tank mirrorless mover 20?

3. Jermonic

Jermonic Mu-43 Veteran

Jan 14, 2012
    Denmark
    Well you put me on track, I'll look it up.

4. davidzvi

davidzvi Mu-43 All-Pro

Aug 12, 2012
    Outside Boston MA
    David
  5. barry13

barry13 Super Moderator; Photon Wrangler

Mar 7, 2014
    Southern California
    Barry
  6. barry13

barry13 Super Moderator; Photon Wrangler

Mar 7, 2014
    Southern California
    Barry
    I wound up getting a 'first aid pouch' made by Voodoo Tactical; they're available online or at Turner's Outdoorsman (though Turner's didn't have black in stock)...
    http://www.voodootactical.net/p-891-voodoo-tactical-molle-tactical-first-aid-pouch.aspx
    It goes on any belt or on MOLLE mounts.

Note the pouch isn't padded; just thick nylon or cordura.

I can fit all of the following in it at once:
    O 17mm f1.8 w hood (forward or reversed)
    O 45mm f1.8 (back-to-back with the 17mm) w hood (reversed)
    O 40-150mm R f4-5.6 w hood (reversed)
    business card (in front pocket)
    SD card holder(s) in inside loops

I recommend gluing a couple lens caps together for the 17mm & 45mm back-to-back, and putting a thin piece

The Pentax Auto 110 70mm f2.8 fits in place of the 40-150mm R, btw, as would many of the other 'kit' lenses.

There is also an inside pocket; might be able to fit a filter in there (preferably in a hard plastic case), but it depends how stuffed you have the pouch. Mine's fairly stuffed with the 40-150mm R with hood.

I also carry ziplock bags inside; in case of heavy rain I can ziplock bag the lenses and put them back in the pouch.

Barry