Lens mount on a Minolta SR-7

Discussion in 'Adapted Lenses' started by jamaapa, Jun 26, 2010.

1. jamaapa

jamaapa New to Mu-43

Jun 26, 2010
    Anybody knows what lens mount this camera uses? I did some googeling and guess its a MC system, but I am not sure. If it is a MC, what adapter do you recommend?
  2. Brian S

Brian S Mu-43 Top Veteran

Apr 11, 2009
    Pretty sure it is MC, and it should be compatible with the newer MD lenses. With a u4/3rds, MC and MD lenses should be fine on the same adapter as the lens does not have to transfer aperture information via cams to the camera body.
  3. jamaapa

jamaapa New to Mu-43

Jun 26, 2010
    Great, thanks allot.
  4. dwig

dwig Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jun 26, 2010
    Key West FL
    Actually, the SR-7 used a version of the Minolta mount that pre-dated the MC mount. The SR-7 vintage lenses lack any meter coupling. The bayonet flange is identical so adapters that claim compatibility with MC & MD lenses should work fine.

The earliest of the lenses in this series, those sold with the SR-2 and SR-1 bodies (the original versions that lacked an instant return mirror; there were several versions of each) had a longer diaphram stopdown pin that prevented proper mounting on the SRT series. Most of the pre-MC lenses don't have this problem. As I understand it, by the time the SR-7 was out, the pin was shorter.
  5. RDM

RDM Mu-43 All-Pro

Dwig is correct. But i never experienced a problem mounting any lenses between my Minolta bodies, tho i heard some people did, but only with the Minolta branded lenses. I am quite certain that the 3rd party lenses are fine.. I will just add this tho, and answer the question which i am sure Dwig just forgot to add after his explanation.
    The name of the mount is the Minolta SR mount.
    Later came the MC mount then the MD mount .. Only real differences being the addition of tabs on the Aperture ring of the lens. One tab for MC two tabs for MD and of-course SR had none.
  6. RDM

RDM Mu-43 All-Pro

Hey jamaapa, We you looking to use the Minolta lenses for this camera on something else or were you just looking for Minolta mount lenses for the SR-7?