lens less PEN's

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by kanasgowatom, Dec 25, 2011.

1. kanasgowatom

kanasgowatom Mu-43 Regular

Nov 11, 2011
    Does anyone know if, and, if so, where a PEN can be purchased, without the kit lens?

Thank you,
  2. dixeyk

dixeyk Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Aug 9, 2010
    You can buy PEN cameras directly from the Olympus store without a lens as well as places like BH Photo (you just need to look for the body only listing). Another place is to look on the for sale area here and other camera sites such as GetDPI and Fredmiranda for folks selling off camera bodies. FWIW you often get a better deal for a body with kit lens as you can sell the kit lens.
  3. dhazeghi

dhazeghi Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Aug 6, 2010
    San Jose, CA
    Currently Olympus doesn't offer body-only options, so most retailers and photo stores doesn't have them. Cameta and a number of eBay-only stores do sell bodies with warranties. Usually they're refurbished, or kits where the lens was sold off separately.

4. WJW59

WJW59 Mu-43 Veteran

Feb 20, 2011
    A lot would depend on the model you want. I just helped my ex sister-in-law find an E-PL1. Unique Photo had new bodies for $199 and Cameta has factory refurbs for $179. I know I also saw E-P2 body only at Unique and I think Cameta had them for the same price as Unique.
  5. dylandingo

dylandingo Mu-43 Regular

Nov 12, 2011
    La Crosse, WI
    Amazon.com has an e-p1, e-p2, and an e-pl1 just as body only for sale.
  6. capodave

capodave Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jul 4, 2010
    Southern Cal
    I just purchased an E PM1 on ebay without a lens.
    I think there are a couple still there.
  7. MacBook

MacBook Mu-43 Regular

Jul 24, 2010
    South Carolina

I just bought an E-PM1 black body in excellent condition (less than 500 shutter actuations) from another member and received it last evening. I'm not sure I want to keep it, though, as I like the form factor better on my Panasonic G3. Please send a private message if you are interested and I can provide all the details.

8. capodave

capodave Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jul 4, 2010
    Southern Cal
    Sounds like the way to go.