lens identity of mount and adapter for m43 pansonic gf3 body

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by harisha16, Mar 8, 2013.

1. harisha16

harisha16 New to Mu-43

Mar 8, 2013
    Dear Friend,

recentlyi have purchased an sigma 170-500 mm lens, but its not mounting on nikon d70s or canon 20d, i have pansonic lumix gf3 body, for that also its not mounting, on rear cap of the sigma lens its mentioned sa/kpr

plz help me whic mount is this or which adapter i should buy to use it on my pansonic lumix gf3
  2. Henk

Henk Mu-43 Regular

Aug 18, 2010
    the Netherlands
    Google for pa/kpr mount, it could be native Sigma or Pentax mount.
    Good luck!
  3. Chuck-B&H

Chuck-B&H Sponsor

Apr 28, 2012

The "SA" mount is Sigma's dedicated mount for their cameras alone and it is not comparable The Nikon "F", Canon "EOS" or 4/3rd lens mount.
  4. harisha16

harisha16 New to Mu-43

Mar 8, 2013
    lens mount identification

Thanks Boss.. i will update u :smile:
  5. harisha16

harisha16 New to Mu-43

Mar 8, 2013
    no luck, i just wonder why sigma sa series lens doesnt have an microfour third adapter....? simply i have wasted my money on buying 170-500mm lens........:(
  6. speedandstyle

speedandstyle Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Maybe not! I checked and the registration length{distance from mount to image plane} is the same for Sigma as it is for EOS. You might be able to modify an EOS dumb mount to fit that Sigma lens. Since good 500mm lenses are hard to find it might be worth it!
  7. harisha16

harisha16 New to Mu-43

Mar 8, 2013
    sa adapter for pansonic lumix gf3

Thanks... i have bought sa adapter for my pansonic luix gf3 it its working fine but difficult to hand held it at 500mm ,

i wnder if any adapter is avialble for canon eos or nikon?:smile: