1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Lens Hoods

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by berkshiregrl, Apr 6, 2011.

1. berkshiregrl

berkshiregrl Mu-43 Rookie

Mar 26, 2011
    Berkshires
    Peg
    I have the kit lens and the 40-150mm. I would like to get lens hoods for them but I'm nto sure which will fit as I don't see hoods referenced with the "mZuiko" like for the lenses thenmselves. Do you need ot get a hood specifcially for the m series or do you just get a hood that fits the basic lens size?

I recognize this is likely a dumb question but I am a newbie at lenses and am going on vacation in a week and trying to buy before learning some of this stuff. I do plan to learn but I just want to make sure I have what I need before I leave for vacation. So, THANKS!

2. walt_tbay

walt_tbay Mu-43 Veteran

Aug 24, 2010
    Ontario, Canada
    I don't have hoods for those lenses, but I recently bought some for several of my other lenses. All I did was determine the filter sizes and ordered hoods that would fit those sizes (46mm, 39mm, etc...) The only thing I worried about was vignetting on wide angle lenses, which turned out not to be a problem for my Pany 14mm and 20mm, nor my Leica 40mm.

3. Hikari

Hikari Mu-43 All-Pro

Nov 26, 2010
    A generic hood will do if it matches the filter size. I like metal hoods as they can also be used as cookie cutters.