Lens Hoods

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by berkshiregrl, Apr 6, 2011.

1. berkshiregrl

berkshiregrl Mu-43 Rookie

Mar 26, 2011
    Berkshires
    Peg
    I have the kit lens and the 40-150mm. I would like to get lens hoods for them but I'm nto sure which will fit as I don't see hoods referenced with the "mZuiko" like for the lenses thenmselves. Do you need ot get a hood specifcially for the m series or do you just get a hood that fits the basic lens size?

I recognize this is likely a dumb question but I am a newbie at lenses and am going on vacation in a week and trying to buy before learning some of this stuff. I do plan to learn but I just want to make sure I have what I need before I leave for vacation. So, THANKS!

2. walt_tbay

walt_tbay Mu-43 Veteran

Aug 24, 2010
    Ontario, Canada
    I don't have hoods for those lenses, but I recently bought some for several of my other lenses. All I did was determine the filter sizes and ordered hoods that would fit those sizes (46mm, 39mm, etc...) The only thing I worried about was vignetting on wide angle lenses, which turned out not to be a problem for my Pany 14mm and 20mm, nor my Leica 40mm.

3. Hikari

Hikari Mu-43 All-Pro

Nov 26, 2010
    A generic hood will do if it matches the filter size. I like metal hoods as they can also be used as cookie cutters.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.