Lens hood for oly 9-18mm?

noelh

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Bayview Township, SouthShore of Lake Superior
So far the only lens hood I can find is one sold by Olympus. ~$24. B&H has a "pearstone?" branded hood as one their items listed under the accessory tab for this lens. Less $s. Any other options of functional hoods? ~$600 lens and no supplied hood???

joele

Mu-43 Regular
I ended up buying the orignial one but what a ripoff, to get it to Australia it cost me $48 to import it... Unfortunately to my understanding Olympus Australia don't even distribute the hood here...

I suppose a cheap screwn in wide angle hood from ebay would work..

mclarenf3

Mu-43 Veteran
I think I'd be up for a similar cost for a hood on my 4/3 Oly 9-18mm. Thankfully it copes well without one.
Oddly enough, I have a LNIB lens hood for my 9-18mm (4/3) that I sold. I didn't realize it at the time, but I still had the box, manuals, and hood. Shoot me a PM if you are interested, I would ship from Canada.

Alan_N

Mu-43 Regular
Real Name
Alan
All lenses over $200 should come with lens hoods. It's a shame they don't.
I agree I have just ordered this lens (should be arriving tomorrow :thumbup:) and a third party lens hood of ebay for £9.99 said it had been dispatched so see how long it takes to come, and will post my thoughts when I get it and try it on the lens :smile:

Alan_N

Mu-43 Regular
Real Name
Alan
Well now got the lens hood today and looks nice on the l can't tell how effective it is cloudly and misty. Looks just like the poper oly one will add a couple of pics later if I get chance. :smile:

sparkin

Mu-43 Regular
I just got a 3rd party one from an e-bay seller called "storetwo" for $15, all the way from Hong Kong. It looks just like the Oly original - I'll bet they come off the same injection moulding line in China, and some go to Oly and some go elsewhere. It is marked "JJC Lens Hood Replaces LH-55B". It fits perfectly, looks good, and I'm sure it will function as expected. If I remember to take it with me to work tomorrow I'll snap a picture of it mounted on the ep2/9-18.

Edit: ... and it fits over a 52mm Hoya S-HMC UV no problem too.

Plimsol

Mu-43 Regular
I just got a 3rd party one from an e-bay seller called "storetwo" for $15, all the way from Hong Kong. It looks just like the Oly original - I'll bet they come off the same injection moulding line in China, and some go to Oly and some go elsewhere. It is marked "JJC Lens Hood Replaces LH-55B". It fits perfectly, looks good, and I'm sure it will function as expected. If I remember to take it with me to work tomorrow I'll snap a picture of it mounted on the ep2/9-18.
Just order the same, wait now till arrival in Belgium.

sparkin

Mu-43 Regular
Looks the same as the OME hood. Question, why are most lens hoods round? The square shaped "Leitz" style hoods seem to make more sense for wide to normal focal length lens.
Good question, and I don't know the answer. I do know why most OEM hoods are overpriced - it's just plain gouging.

Plimsol

Mu-43 Regular
Arrival yesterday,
Not bad, Honkong - Belgium in 6 days.
Looks great on the lens.

Ordered now a hood for my 20 mm also.

grtz,
Jean

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom