Lens for Olympus

Joel

New to Mu-43
This might be a previously asked question. I can't find the answer anywhere.
I have an Olympus Pen EP-1 M 4/3 and want to buy an Olympus OM 100mm f2.8 lens to fit same. At a well recommended site - rainbow imaging - they are selling an OM-M4/3 adapter for this purpose. When I asked Olympus what adapter they said an MF-2 adapter is the answer. Is there something wrong with the product at Rainbow Imaging?

kevinparis

Cantankerous Scotsman
Nothing wrong with the Rainbow imaging adaptor.. its just a simple extension tube that put the lens at the right distance from the sensor. The olympus MF-2 is just a very expensive version of the same thing...

I have used lots of adaptors from rainbow imaging and other chineses suppliers and have had no complaints

if you want to put 4/3 lenses designed for the E series DSLRs then the Olympus adapter for that is worth buying as it has the electrical contacts for autofocus and other stuff..

Real Name
Nic
Does the MF-2 have a proper spring loaded lens mount? Rather than use a leaf-type spring behind the bayonet tabs (like you'll find inside your m4/3 camera mount) the cheaper adapters seem to score the middle of each tab to get it to bow slightly. This doesn't hold the lens anywhere near as tightly as a proper spring loaded mount will. I'm currently using OM lenses through a m4/3 to EF adapter and a EF to OM adapter so I have two loose lens mounts in tandem.

BTW, I use the twin adapter mount because I also use the OMs on my Canons as well. I would pay for a proper m4/3 to OM adapter if I knew it could actually mount the lens without any play.

Real Name
Nic
For example;

Bayonet tab on an EF mount from an EOS camera, perfect...

IMG_6017.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)
"600" height="400" alt="EF" border="0">

Bayonet tab on an EF mount from a EF to m4/3 adapter, useless...

IMG_6020.jpg
"600" height="400" alt="EF Adapter" border="0">

MacBook

Mu-43 Veteran
Real Name
Elliot
Firs snugly, works well

RJ OM-m4/3 adapter bought from Rainbow Imaging. It fits snugly and works well. I use it on the E-PL1 presently and have tried it also on a G1.

RJ OM-m4:3 adapter.jpg

specialkalways

Mu-43 Regular
I am currentlly using the olympus epl-1 with the adapter to connect 14- 150mm 4/3 lenses..

What i would like to know is can i buy lets say a panasonic micro 4/3 lens or even a 4/3 lens to use on my epl-1???

Latest threads

Top Bottom