Lens flare? And a newbie says hi

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by amanda, Aug 28, 2011.

1. amanda

amanda Mu-43 Regular

Aug 24, 2011
    Melbourne, Australia
    Hi All..

I'm new to the Mu-43 forum and thought I'd take the opportunity to drop in, say hi and also show a pic I took this morning..

I have had a few cameras in my hobby-photo years... the most recent broke my heart. I'd wanted a Leica M8 for sooo long, got one.. used it for 2 months and the shutter died the other day! So I ended up getting a full refund (long story) and given the pricey repairs on these cams.. I decided to give the M8 a miss for a year or so... so here I am with a E-P3. Which is a great cam and can see it will be very fun.

I went on a 4km hike, which doesn't sound like much but is when its your first hike after having a ankle reconstruction in May... I did well! My new E-P3 is a champ and I'm very happy with it. I have the 14-42mm Zuiko on it (for now) and the cam was just so light and easy to carry compared to my DSLR kit (geez how many times is that statement said on these very forums :rofl: )

So I tried my first Panorama today.... that is a nasty bit of lens flare right? I've never seen it before, probably cos all my Canon lenses always have lens hoods on them! I've just ordered a aftermarket LH-40 for the zuiko so hopefully this is the last ever lens flare I'll see :rolleyes:

I look forward to joining this community, posting pics and learning lots. The photo below is just quickly merged in Photoshop with very little processing.. it was even shot on Auto! Which I must say is something I've not done in a long time.. I was too pooped walking to the look out I took this pic from :eek: to play with settings!

6088211924_391c82cd03_b.
    Pano-Falcon LookoutAug282011 by mmanda withers, on Flickr

• Like Like x 1
  2. Wormwood

Wormwood Mu-43 Regular

Aug 17, 2011
    Sydney, Australia
    Amanda,

One newbie to another - Welcome!

Very nice panorama you have there - where is the location?

As for lens hood whom (link please) did you order from?

Wormwood

3. amanda

amanda Mu-43 Regular

Aug 24, 2011
    Melbourne, Australia
    Thanks wormwood. Photo was taken at Werribee Gorge at the Falcon Lookout.
    Photo could be better! It was literally a point and shoot shot. I'm still learning it. The M8 was so simple and the EP3 is soooo not simple! Lots of settings to learn.

If you do a search on eBay for LH-40 you'll find quite a few hoods for sale in China. I paid $11.99 I believe.. they are all around that price give or take a few $

4. MajorMagee

MajorMagee Mu-43 All-Pro

Feb 24, 2011
    Dayton, OH
    I clicked on the panorama picture and it took me to your Flickr site. There are some great photos collected there. Well done.

5. GaryAyala

GaryAyala Mu-43 Legend

Jan 2, 2011
    SoCal
    I really don't see any obvious or nasty lens flare ... good luck with your 'new' ankle.

G

6. amanda

amanda Mu-43 Regular

Aug 24, 2011
    Melbourne, Australia
    Thanks MajorMagee, that's very nice of you to say. I've still sooooo much to learn, in fact I don't think you ever stop learning in this hobby :)

GaryAyala - thanks re the ankle! I'll post the shot in a hour or so of the flare part only.