1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Lens flare 14-42 II

Discussion in 'Native Lenses' started by E-PM1, Mar 25, 2012.

1. E-PM1

E-PM1 New to Mu-43

Mar 12, 2012
    Breukelen, Netherlands
    I have a question:

I'm having some lens flare with my standard kit lens on my E-pm1. Maybe the relativly low position of the sun has something to do with it. But I was wondering if it's something that's standard to this lens

I don't have a picture to show the flare, because I deleted those pictures.

Greetings,
    Herman

2. starlabs

starlabs Mu-43 Top Veteran

Sep 30, 2010
    Los Angeles
  3. blaffendespin

blaffendespin Mu-43 Regular

Feb 28, 2012
    Rexburg, ID
    Yeah, I get the same thing on my E-PM1. But it's usually when I'm pointing directly at the sun. I usually use the lens hood, or use my hand to block the sun coming in from the sides.

4. E-PM1

E-PM1 New to Mu-43

Mar 12, 2012
    Breukelen, Netherlands
    Thanks for the tip about the lens hood. Going to look into that. I already searched on some sites from webshops here in Holland but didn't find one until now.

I didn't have the problem with the lens flare before with other camera's. (Sony HX100V, Pentax K10D,)

At "Blaffendespin": funny nickname, are you Dutch from origine?

Greetings,
    Herman

5. blaffendespin

Feb 28, 2012
    Rexburg, ID
    Haha. No I'm actually Samoan, but I lived there for a few months with some friends and learned the language - as well as I could in 6 months. Just thought it was a funny name. Didn't realize there were so many Nederlanders on this forum.

Waar komt je vandaan?

6. E-PM1

E-PM1 New to Mu-43

Mar 12, 2012
    Breukelen, Netherlands
    I live in a little town called Breukelen (Where Brooklyn got his name from).

10km's from Utrecht and 20km's from Amsterdam

Greetings,
    Herman

7. blaffendespin

Feb 28, 2012
    Rexburg, ID
    Oh ok, very nice. Beautiful area. I lived up in Lelystad and Alkmaar. Loved it there. I'm sad I'll be missing the oliebollen!

8. b_rubenstein

b_rubenstein Mu-43 All-Pro

Mar 20, 2012
    Melbourne, FL
    I live in Brooklyn (NY - there are others in the US). Before my house was built in the 1930's, it was part of the Lott family farm. A block away from me is what had been Lott's Lane, which lead into the town Flatlands. Flatlands is one of the original towns in Brooklyn and still has one of the four Dutch Reformed Churches that Peter Minuet had built in the 1630's. (Third physical church at that location built in the late 1700's.)

Many of us here are proud of our Dutch heritage.

9. jyc860923

jyc860923 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Feb 28, 2012
    Shenyang, China
    贾一川
    I also use the lens with a hood on, not much difference have I noticed in most scenes though, but I think a hood actually does a liitle help, and it makes the lens seems complete :)

It's very easy to get flare with the lens, just avoid using it that way, it's sufficient as a standard zoom for me.