1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Lens Filter Pouch

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by bene, Jan 19, 2016.

1. bene

bene New to Mu-43

Jan 2, 2016
    • Like Like x 1
  2. barry13

barry13 Super Moderator; Photon Wrangler

Mar 7, 2014
    Southern California
    Barry
    Hi, it looks ok... I have something similar that came with my Vivitar filters.

Barry

3. ijm5012

ijm5012 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Oct 2, 2013
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Ian
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Starfleet

Starfleet Mu-43 Veteran

Feb 14, 2015
    Michigan, USA
    Alex
    Very cool! I think I will give that a try. Right now I use the Altura ones that ijm5012 uses.

5. bene

bene New to Mu-43

Jan 2, 2016
    Thanks to your feedback. The reason I was asking is, if the material leave scratches or anything else on the filters. If no, I think, I will also give it a try.

6. davidzvi

davidzvi Mu-43 All-Pro

Aug 12, 2012
    Outside Boston MA
    David
    For all my 46mm filters I use soft CF card holders.

7. budeny

budeny Mu-43 All-Pro

Mar 4, 2014
    Boulder, CO
    If all your filters are same size and have front threads, then you can stack them and use threaded caps on ends

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. PakkyT

PakkyT Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jun 20, 2015
    New England
    Yes second that. Especially if you are only carrying one or two filters, these metal screw on caps are great because they only add marginally more thickness that the filter itself and because they are metal they are super protective and therefore you can just toss your filter (like a little metal Frisbee) loose anywhere in your bag and not worry about something pressing through the soft side of a filter case and breaking the glass.

Downside of course is that you have to spend time unscrewing two sides so not the quickest way to access your filter. But great if you have a seldom used filter but when you do need it, you really need it and nice to always have it along but not take up any room in your bag. If you are the type that carries a lot of filters and you are accessing them a lot, then one of those multi-pocket soft pouches may be a better choice.

9. zensu

zensu An Old Fool

Aug 8, 2012
    Southeastern USA
    Bobby