Lens compatibility

BAKatz

Mu-43 Veteran
this is a no brainer for all of you with experience, but, this is me. I read about using panasonic lenses on an EPL-1, do i need any adaptor ring, or are they 100 % interchangeable? also will i lose any AF functions? Thank you all in advance............BAK

~tc~

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
You can use panasonic micro 43s lenses with no adapter. AF and Ois will work, as will lens distortion correction, but lens chromatic aberration will not be corrected in camera

drpump

Mu-43 Regular
lens chromatic aberration will not be corrected in camera

Interesting that there is so little said about this, considering that many people have the Panasonic 20mm lens on their Olympus cameras. Photozone.de say that (uncorrected) chromatic aberration on the 20mm is fairly pronounced for a prime.

everythingsablur

Mu-43 Veteran
Interesting that there is so little said about this, considering that many people have the Panasonic 20mm lens on their Olympus cameras. Photozone.de say that (uncorrected) chromatic aberration on the 20mm is fairly pronounced for a prime.

When reading some lens review sites, you really have to see what body they were using the lens with specifically for this issue. I take the Lenstip review of the Panny 14mm f2.5 with a heavy grain of salt because it was reviewed on an Oly body, and he complains about CA and whatnot. Probably wouldn't be there on a Panny body.

shoturtle

CA is easily correct in PP, the panny 20mm on the oly is not that bad, no where as bad as the 14mm on the oly to the point of having PF.

shoturtle

High end conversion lenses do not have PF issues. I use a canon 500D close up CV lens on the panny 45-200. No PF :) I had raynox and they did have more CA issue. But that was almost 15 years ago when I was a poor collage kid. Could not afford better; :)

drpump

Mu-43 Regular
I'm a bit lost in the acronym soup here. So does PP = Post Processing, CA = Chromatic Aberration, PF = Purple Fringing and CV = ??

~tc~

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
I thought we answered it ...

Any micro 4/3 lens can be used without an adapter.

All Panasonic lenses will autofocus on olympus bodies

Latest threads

Top Bottom