1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Lens cleaning and calibration question

Discussion in 'Native Lenses' started by rklepper, Jan 5, 2016.

1. rklepper

rklepper Mu-43 Top Veteran

Dec 19, 2012
    Iowa, USA
    Robert
    So when I shot professionally I was a canon gold cps member. I could send lenses in for cleaning and calibration. Does anyone send there lenses in for cleaning and calibration. If so where do you send them and how much does it cost?

Thanks

2. mcasan

mcasan Mu-43 All-Pro

Feb 26, 2014
    Atlanta
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Crdome

Crdome Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Sep 11, 2011
    West Central Indiana
    Chrome
    Today I received my lens from CLA from Midwest Camera Repair in Wyandotte MI. Including return shipping the cost was $66. The turn around was about a week. I thought that quite reasonable. My last servicing was elsewhere. It had cost$75 for my very simple Kodak 16mm movie lens. And that took over a month.

• Like Like x 1
  4. rklepper

rklepper Mu-43 Top Veteran

Dec 19, 2012
    Iowa, USA
    Robert
    Thank you that is reasonable. I will check it out.

5. RDM

RDM Mu-43 All-Pro

Do you guys recommend either of these places for the CLA of classic manual lenses such as Minolta MD lenses?.

6. mcasan

mcasan Mu-43 All-Pro

Feb 26, 2014
    Atlanta
    I would recommend Peachtree for any of that kind of camera body or lens work. The question is if they will work on Minolta equipment. You need to contact them for a quote.

7. barry13

barry13 Super Moderator; Photon Wrangler

Mar 7, 2014
    Southern California
    Barry
  8. RDM

RDM Mu-43 All-Pro

I verymuch appreciate your help.

Not sure if location makes too much of a difference, I will be shipping my lenses no matter what.

9. barry13

barry13 Super Moderator; Photon Wrangler

Mar 7, 2014
    Southern California
    Barry
    I ended up sending a Rokkor 58/1.2 I found in a thrift shop with stuck aperture blades to V-Photo of Atlanta; the total was $88 including return shipping/insurance, and the aperture works fine now.

Barry

• Like Like x 1