1. Reminder: Please user our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

Lens Choices. Olympus or Otherwise

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by BobBill, Dec 30, 2010.

1. BobBill

BobBill Mu-43 Veteran

Dec 29, 2010
    MN USA
    Bob Hively-Johnson
    NO one, it seems, haw tackled this ? Maybe I could have refine the search...>

So you know. I am a old BW-shooter/Nikon 8008s with 1.8 normal, standard variable and couple other lenses.

I print with Kodak Flourolite enlarger w/custom lens-board for Nikkor enlarging lenses.

I acquired a Pen-EP-2 and box lens.

I think or want to think my Nikkor lenses will work with this body…but I wonder if there is a converter that will autofocus, with non-O or other M-43 fbodies or whatever...?

• Like Like x 1
  2. usayit

usayit Mu-43 Hall of Famer

AF not operational with nonOly adapted lenses

• Like Like x 1
  3. BobBill

BobBill Mu-43 Veteran

Dec 29, 2010
    MN USA
    Bob Hively-Johnson
    As I thought. Appreciate the speedy response. I guess the idea of interchangeability goes only so far. One area when they brands all do it different, still...

Would be nice if the AF applied universally for us with bad eyes. Thanks.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Fiddler

Fiddler Mu-43 Veteran

I understand how you feel. I find MF quite difficult on m43 myself. I had to accept the fact that it's a pretty slow job for me, but after a few tries I usually get there.

All the best,

Colin

5. usayit

usayit Mu-43 Hall of Famer

If you use an EVF with the E-P2, it might be easier to focus. You can even magnify an area to help with critical focus. I couldn't live with manual focus lenses + my E-PL1 with out one.. then again the rear LCD isn't as good as your E-P2.

The other option is to stick with either m4/3rd or 4/3rd (with adapter) lenses. Each with their advantages.