1. Welcome to Mu-43.com—a friendly Micro 4/3 camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Lens Cases

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by littlefish, Apr 19, 2012.

1. littlefish

littlefish Mu-43 Regular

Aug 22, 2011
    Glos., UK
    I use a well padded LowePro backpack to lug all my 4/3 kit about but I'd like some more robust cases for each lens especially as we're planning to travel abroad a bit more. Plus, as we have an inquisitive 2.5 year old, I want something that's toddler proof, er, 'resistant'.

I need cases for the 20mm, 45mm (+ hood) and 45-200 lenses but no one I know locally (Glos., UK) sells anything I can go in and try. Any suggestions / recommendations welcome.

2. RevBob

RevBob Super Moderator Subscribing Member

Jun 4, 2011
    NorthWestern PA
    Bob
    I found some nice neopreme pouches on Ebay at a great price, but even with drawstrings to hold them closed I doubt they are very todler resistant.:rolleyes: 

3. BarefootPilgrim

BarefootPilgrim Mu-43 Top Veteran Subscribing Member

Dec 23, 2009
    Westchester, IL
    Bob
    I use the OpTech USA "Snoot Boots." There are various sizes to fit most lenses and they do a good job protecting your stuff in the bag. Not "kid-proof," but I don't think anything will be.

You can see 'em here...

• Like Like x 1
  4. littlefish

littlefish Mu-43 Regular

Aug 22, 2011
    Glos., UK
    Many thanks for the quick replies and links. I was hoping to find those hard cases so popular when I started photography in the 70's but they seem out of fashion and out of production!

The Snoot Boots look promising but large and I've found a UK supplier. LowePro's own range is also interesting but they too seem awfully big.

No one seems to make cases specifically for the 'diminutive' 4/3 lenses. I wonder if I could persuade my wife to knock up something on the sewing machine. :wink:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.