1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Lens Cases

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by littlefish, Apr 19, 2012.

1. littlefish

littlefish Mu-43 Regular

Aug 22, 2011
    Glos., UK
    I use a well padded LowePro backpack to lug all my 4/3 kit about but I'd like some more robust cases for each lens especially as we're planning to travel abroad a bit more. Plus, as we have an inquisitive 2.5 year old, I want something that's toddler proof, er, 'resistant'.

I need cases for the 20mm, 45mm (+ hood) and 45-200 lenses but no one I know locally (Glos., UK) sells anything I can go in and try. Any suggestions / recommendations welcome.

2. RevBob

RevBob Super Moderator

Jun 4, 2011
    NorthWestern PA
    Bob
    I found some nice neopreme pouches on Ebay at a great price, but even with drawstrings to hold them closed I doubt they are very todler resistant.:rolleyes:

3. BarefootPilgrim

BarefootPilgrim Mu-43 Top Veteran

Dec 23, 2009
    Westchester, IL
    Bob
    I use the OpTech USA "Snoot Boots." There are various sizes to fit most lenses and they do a good job protecting your stuff in the bag. Not "kid-proof," but I don't think anything will be.

You can see 'em here...

• Like Like x 1
  4. littlefish

littlefish Mu-43 Regular

Aug 22, 2011
    Glos., UK
    Many thanks for the quick replies and links. I was hoping to find those hard cases so popular when I started photography in the 70's but they seem out of fashion and out of production!

The Snoot Boots look promising but large and I've found a UK supplier. LowePro's own range is also interesting but they too seem awfully big.

No one seems to make cases specifically for the 'diminutive' 4/3 lenses. I wonder if I could persuade my wife to knock up something on the sewing machine. :wink: