Lens case for 100-300 with macro tubes?

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by ThomD, Oct 21, 2013.

1. ThomD

ThomD Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jun 1, 2013
    SF Bay Area
    I have a Lowpro 1 Lens case, but the 100-300 with tubes doesn't quite fit. Think Tank's Lens Changer 25 is also too short and the 35 is tall enough but too fat.

I'm looking for a case that is 3 - 3.5 inches (d) x 7.5 - 8 inches (h) (inner dimensions) that has a draw strip top or quick release buckle on the top and can be mounted on a closed loop on the side of a bag (think MOLLE/PAS). I don't want just a zipper top because it takes me too long to swap lenses in the field and secure the zipper. I don't want just a belt loop because that is very hard to secure on the side of my bag.

I don't need to fit the lens hood.

My Google skills have failed me. You are my only hope.

2. ThomD

ThomD Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jun 1, 2013
    SF Bay Area
    I could find no lens case with the right size and functionality. I did discover the Lens Exchange series from LowePro - but it is too big. I"m getting a 5.11 water bottle carrier that should work out. Throw a little padding into the bottom and I think I'll be set.

3. RobR

RobR Mu-43 Regular

Jun 19, 2013
    Connecticut, USA
    Robert Reinhardt
    Are you looking for a hard case or a leather soft case?

4. ThomD

ThomD Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jun 1, 2013
    SF Bay Area
    I'm looking for a soft case, similar to the Lowepro lens cases. Amazon will have my new case here on Friday. I'll update the thread with my impressions.

5. ThomD

ThomD Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jun 1, 2013
    SF Bay Area
    The 5.11 Water Bottle bag is perfect. I added a little padding on the bottom and inside and there is plenty of room for the lens.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.