1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Lens case for 100-300 with macro tubes?

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by ThomD, Oct 21, 2013.

1. ThomD

ThomD Mu-43 Veteran

Jun 1, 2013
    SF Bay Area
    I have a Lowpro 1 Lens case, but the 100-300 with tubes doesn't quite fit. Think Tank's Lens Changer 25 is also too short and the 35 is tall enough but too fat.

I'm looking for a case that is 3 - 3.5 inches (d) x 7.5 - 8 inches (h) (inner dimensions) that has a draw strip top or quick release buckle on the top and can be mounted on a closed loop on the side of a bag (think MOLLE/PAS). I don't want just a zipper top because it takes me too long to swap lenses in the field and secure the zipper. I don't want just a belt loop because that is very hard to secure on the side of my bag.

I don't need to fit the lens hood.

My Google skills have failed me. You are my only hope.

2. ThomD

ThomD Mu-43 Veteran

Jun 1, 2013
    SF Bay Area
    I could find no lens case with the right size and functionality. I did discover the Lens Exchange series from LowePro - but it is too big. I"m getting a 5.11 water bottle carrier that should work out. Throw a little padding into the bottom and I think I'll be set.

3. RobR

RobR Mu-43 Regular

Jun 19, 2013
    Connecticut, USA
    Robert Reinhardt
    Are you looking for a hard case or a leather soft case?

4. ThomD

ThomD Mu-43 Veteran

Jun 1, 2013
    SF Bay Area
    I'm looking for a soft case, similar to the Lowepro lens cases. Amazon will have my new case here on Friday. I'll update the thread with my impressions.

5. ThomD

ThomD Mu-43 Veteran

Jun 1, 2013
    SF Bay Area
    The 5.11 Water Bottle bag is perfect. I added a little padding on the bottom and inside and there is plenty of room for the lens.