Lens Caps

greenboy

Mu-43 Top Veteran
The lens cap for the Oly MFT 75-300 is abysmal, so shallow to grip. Not especially happy about something that pretty much requires the hood needs to be removed to access it, either. Shooting on the run, it's good to have stuff that is quick, and reliable.

Anybody finding some aftermarket caps they like, not just for the 75-300 but for MFT glass in general?

weeman

Mu-43 Rookie
I found the same with the Olympus 60 mm I have just purchased a 46 mm centre pinched lens cap in Dublin, no name; but so much handier to remove and replace especially with the hood on and fully retracted

weeman

Mu-43 Rookie
7day shop stock them in different sizes but have 7day shop on them.

Last edited:

SojiOkita

Mu-43 All-Pro
I like Olympus lens caps... I even put some on my Panasonic lenses because Olympus one are thinner.

PakkyT

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
On some lenses I have stuck with the plastic pinch activation types, but I tend to like the metal screw on caps best. They NEVER pop off by accident and being all metal you can not break them. Downside is that they do not go on/off quickly, but I tend to remove the metal cap, put it in my pocket or bag then reverse the lens hood and leave it that way while I am carrying the camera around. Later when I am done I replace the metal screw on lens cap. I don't do a lot of lens cap off, shoot, lens cap on, lens cap off, shoot, lens cap on...

owczi

nareteV 34-uM
The generic pinch caps are usually good, many also have holes for a strap loop. I used to baby my kit, but I stopped. For a while now I've just been keeping the cap off, especially when the lens hood is on, the camera can rest on the lens when in the bag. Otherwise I just drag it around with no lens cap. I do have uv/protection filters on the lenses though.

For shooting on the run I say just forget about the lens cap, it only slows you down. You can put it on when transporting the camera.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom