1. Welcome to Mu-43.com—a friendly Micro 4/3 camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Lens Caps

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by rramesh, Dec 14, 2011.

1. rramesh

rramesh Mu-43 Regular

May 27, 2011
    I am posting this in the Olympus forum because that's what I own. I think it also applies to other cameras.

Point is this.

All lens manufacturers should ship lenses with center pinch lens caps. This works best whether one uses a hood or not.

Most of the time when you need to use a hood, the traditional lens caps don't work and its wasteful having to buy another lens cap.

Of course cheap China-made ones are only a couple of dollars but branded ones usually sell for a lot more.

2. Add lens hood. The pany 20mm & oly9-18mm no hoods. Outer rim pinch lens caps. Bit of a bummer having to spend a few extra $s.

3. ean10775

ean10775 Mu-43 All-Pro

Jan 31, 2011
    Cleveland, Ohio
    Eric
    Center-pinch lens caps would make it more difficult to prominently display the lens manufacturer's logo...

4. stratokaster

stratokaster Mu-43 All-Pro

Jan 4, 2011
    Dublin, IE
    Pavel
    I use step-up rings and 52mm Panasonic Lumix caps on all my lenses. They are center-pinch.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.