1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Lens Authority: New used gear site from Lensrentals.com

Discussion in 'Micro 4/3 News and Rumors' started by danimal, Jul 25, 2013.

1. danimal

danimal Mu-43 Supporter

Dec 31, 2012
    Oakland, California
    Dan
    It looks like LensRentals.com's new used gear site, LensAuthority.com, is now open. From their site:

I noticed the new site mentioned in the article on Roger Cicala posted by RichDesmond. That article also mentions that a repair service will be part of Lens Authority.

2. DeeJayK

DeeJayK Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Feb 8, 2011
    Pacific Northwest, USA
    Keith
    I was excited to see what this would be after reading the Money magazine article, but I'm underwhelmed with this initial offering. There's nothing here that strikes me as different from the used rental gear that has been offered on the LensRentals site in the past, and the selection and prices of the available :43: gear are not particularly exciting.

I hope that the reported repair service comes to fruition since a trusted, independent lens/camera repair business seems like something that is missing from the market. If such a business already exists, I'd love to hear of it.

3. dougjgreen

dougjgreen Mu-43 All-Pro

Jun 5, 2013
    San Diego
    Doug Green
    The prices being asked for the Oly 14-42 IIR kit lenses of $175 are ridiculous. Those lenses can be bought brand new for those prices. Heck, you can get them with refurb E-PM1 camera bodies attached to them from Cameta for $5 more.

4. entropicremnants

entropicremnants Mu-43 All-Pro

Jul 16, 2012
    John Griggs
    Well judging from the prices they are charging for used gear, I won't be visiting very often. Did you look at the u43 section? Sheesh.