1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

lens advice

Discussion in 'Adapted Lenses' started by cmercer, Apr 29, 2011.

1. cmercer

cmercer Mu-43 Regular

I currently have an Olympus EPL-1 and a m43 to Olympus OM adapter although this is rather large. The reason I bought the OM adapter is that the OM lenses can be quite cheap.

I'm looking for a low cost lens with a low (big) aperture? Maybe F1.7 so that I can take a photo of a static car, with a blurred out of focus background. Its basically to show that I understand depth of field and I don't want to take a picture of a blood flower like everyone else.

Currently I am able to do this with an old OM 200mm telephoto lens although its just not practical as I have to be far away from the vehichle just to fit it into frame.

I realise that you get what you pay for when it comes to lenses but I'm at college and on serious budget and I just literally need ONE shot :D

I have seen this, but as above I suspect its rubbish.
    CCTV 35mm f/1.7 Lens MC For Micro 4/3 M43 GF2 G2 GF1 G1 | eBay UK

Thanks in advance, Chris

2. OM 50/1.8 lenses are very cheap, and you already have the adapter.

• Like Like x 1
  3. ~tc~

~tc~ Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Oct 22, 2010
    Houston, TX
    If it's only for one shot, rent or borrow.

Tons of members on here in the UK, somebody's gotta have something interesting

• Like Like x 2
  4. rapsquared

rapsquared Mu-43 Regular

May 7, 2011
    I've used the om 50 with adapter and although it changes to 100mm focal length on my epl1 I've found that you can focus pretty close with it

uploadfromtaptalk1304766655945.jpg

Sent from my Nook Color