Lenovo X230 ThinkPad

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by rueru, Jul 4, 2013.

1. rueru

rueru Mu-43 Rookie

Jun 10, 2013
    I just ordered a Lenovo X230 over the weekend and I was wondering if anyone has long term experienced with this model or the old X220. I have read lots of great reviews about this notebook, but I haven't seen any long term reviews. There seems to be lots of complains about the new keyboard layout, but I am not too concerned about this since I've never had a ThinkPad before. The only thing that i am concerned about is the screen longevity. There seems to be an issue with white spots appearing on the screen where repeated pressure from handling the lid. Has anyone experienced this issue and if so, how big of a deal is it for everyday use? I will be mainly using this notebook for editing photos, making/painting textures for 3D models, layout design, email/browsing, watching videos and some light gaming.

Specs and price:
    Intel Core i5-3230M Processor (2.5GHz-3.20GHz?)
    Windows 8 64
    12.5" IPS (1366x768)
    4 GB DDR3 - 1600MHz
    500GB Hard Disk Drive, 7200rpm
    6 Cell ThinkPad Battery X44+
    Intel Centrino Advanced-N 6205 AGN
    $779.25 Cnd + tax after using a coupon
  2. elim

elim Mu-43 Regular

Mar 25, 2013
    Hey, I have my x220 from the day it was released and I can say that I have never been so happy with a computer before. I installed an ssd and an msata ssd (overkill I know, but the msata was a great deal I couldnt resist). I purchased the laptop with the optional upgraded hd display andnit is wonderful. Great viewing angles and very crisp. The keyboard is the best ive used (I prefer this type over chiclet style) and the battery life is phenomenal.

I think that especially at its pricepoint, you cant find anything better. Also, my laptop is very sturdy. I am not very kind ti my laptops and this one especially. Ive thrown, dropped and spilled and it still looks brand new. On a side note, dissaembly and very very simple, allowing for upgrades and replacements on the user end. Plus, there are tons of videos to guide you through everything step by step. I hope I was of some help. Any questions, feel free to ask.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2