Lengthy photo trip to Malaysia, KL.

Discussion in 'Scenic, Architecture, and Travel' started by David Tait, Jan 8, 2012.

1. David Tait

David Tait Mu-43 Regular

Apr 29, 2011
    I'm toying with going on a lengthy photo trip to Malaysia. I think, a base in KL with a rented apt with internet connection would be my best bet. I'm talking 3 months, until I can get lengthier visa stays sorted. Any info would be appreciated about photography in Malaysia, especially do's and don'ts etc.

I've been in China 4.5 years, and I really want to see more Asian countries. So, the KL base could be a hub for me with Nam; Laos; Cambodia in the pipleline.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
    Dave Tait.
  2. jim_khoo

jim_khoo Mu-43 All-Pro

Apr 9, 2010
    Kuala Lumpur
    it is now hot and sunny with a tiny bit of shower here and there in KL for the past 1½
    weeks. do:-
    1. visit the coastal areas (fishing villages) & padi fields.
    2. visit Kelantan, Kedah, Penang Island and Melaka.
    3. come before 23 Jan to usher in the chinese new year with the chinese community.
    4. come for Thaipusam at Batu Caves (7th Feb).

while in Malaysia, you can consider:-
    1. visit Thailand early Apr for the Thai new year aka water splashing festival.
    2. visit Indonesia.
    3. visit Singapore.
  3. turbodieselvw

turbodieselvw Mu-43 Veteran

Jun 29, 2010
    Penang and Melaka = food heaven
    • Like Like x 1
  4. timothysoong

timothysoong Mu-43 Veteran

Aug 10, 2011
    Taipei, Taiwan
    Don't miss the twin tower in KL. Do visit Taiwan if you have the chance, lotsa scenery places around center/southern taiwan. And up north there's the Taipei 101 building, etc. If your planning to come over, I'd let you know which place to visit. =)
  5. mr_botak

mr_botak Mu-43 Veteran

Dec 4, 2011
    Reading, UK
    Take a drive into the country, around dawn, the light in the first hour or so is sublime.