Len Metcalf - Sydney

Discussion in 'Welcomes and introductions' started by Lenmetcalf, Dec 13, 2010.

1. Lenmetcalf

Lenmetcalf New to Mu-43

Dec 13, 2010
    Hi my name is Len and I am a professional photography teacher here in Sydney. I run a number of workshops, courses and photography tours.

My second camera (after the normal box that many photographers started with) was an Olympus OM-1. So it is no surprise thatI am an olympus devote.

Mind you I really leant how to take good photographs after most of my photographic life lugging a view camera around. Should I admit here that my Ebony 45SU is still my favorite camera... But it doesn't get to go out so often due to the time required to use it... And the shear weight of carrying it and the tripod around.

My digital journey started with a C5050, which was eventually replaced with an E-3.... Then earlier this year I tried an EPL-1. Which I immediately fell in love with. But it really started to sing once I put the Voitlander 25mm f0.95 on it. This lens hasn't come off the camera since it arrived.. Fantastic...

It has taken me years to learn to slow down with my digital and learn to use it to get stunning images... I am still learning... And look forward with bated breath to see what comes next in this wonderful format.

Now the E-3 is gone, and
    • Like Like x 2
  2. BBW

BBW Super Moderator Emeritus

Len, thanks so much for your introduction. Maybe we should have a poll as to how many of us either began our photographic journey with the OM-1 or at least had and loved one - I know that I did.:wink:

I'm glad you found your way here and am sure you'll feel right at home. There are many adapted lens devotees here, as well.

Looking forward to your involvement - and to seeing some of your pictures, soon!:biggrin:
  3. Herman

Herman Mu-43 All-Pro

Feb 7, 2010
    The Netherlands
    Hello and welcome Len from The Netherlands !
  4. bilzmale

bilzmale Mu-43 All-Pro

Hello and welcome Len - I followed a similar Oly path with most of the E-series and a couple of Cx0x0 as well. Sad to say I'm now a Pany shooter in :43:.