COMPLETED Leitz Summar 50mm f/2 LTM adapter, G1 Body, Canon FD 50/1.4 | Location: USA | Ships: CONUS

Discussion in 'Completed Listings' started by robertasumendi, Jan 23, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. robertasumendi

robertasumendi New to Mu-43

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

Jan 22, 2013
    Eugene, OR
    Robert Asumendi
    Buy & Sell Listing - Want to Sell
    Selling</br> Leitz Summar 50mm f/2 LTM adapter, G1 Body, Canon FD 50/1.4
    </br>Prices</br> Leitz Summar 50/2 w/LTM adapter + (free) Industar 69: $350
    Panasonic G1 body: $110 - SOLD
    Canon FD 50/1.4: $60
    </br>Location</br> USA
    </br>Ships to</br> CONUS
    </br>Description</br> I have really enjoyed owning this Leitz Summar 50mm f/2 LTM lens. It takes beautiful images ( here's a nice writeup Then and Now – The 50mm Summar and Summilux With a Leica M9 | STEVE HUFF PHOTOS ) Out-of-focus areas are very painterly and smooth. (The last image is an example I shot.) It's a lovely piece of metal and glass to hold in your hand, like a jewel. I'd rather hang on to this lens indefinitely, but with a baby on the way, I'm looking to transmute it into a Panasonic 25mm 1.4. (Sad, but practical.)

I'm not a lens condition expert, all I know is the front and back element look fine to me and it takes sharp, beautiful pictures. The exterior condition is very shiny and the collapsing mechanism works well. The focus ring is smooth, as is aperture. It will focus slightly past infinity, but you get used to that quickly. The front ring is dented but this doesn't affect image quality. (The hoods available for this lens are screw-on so it doesn't affect your ability to mount a hood either.) It was made in 1933.

Comes with a rear cap only. I keep it vertical in a lens pouch when not in use, so I'll include one in the box.

Comes with a solid brass LTM -> m4/3 adapter. Purchased this before there were commercial adapters available. Brass does not help keep your m4/3 body featherweight, but it sure does look cool. Works great.

I'll also throw in (free) an Industar 69 LTM lens I modded for working with LTM mount cameras. (Internal spacer screws were filed down to get infinity focus on a LTM body.) This is a cheap 70's Russian lens that in the right situation makes very atmospheric pictures. It's a 28mm f/2.8 pancake with really cute focus scale icons and a fun aperture ring on the front. (Buying separate, $40 shipped.)

$350 shipped.

Need a body to mount it to? I have a Panasonic G1 body for an extra $110 shipped. Includes battery, charger, body cap, data transfer cable, software CD, and a card reader. Good condition, probably less than 10,000 clicks. One button is a little stiff, but it's a rarely-used button and it works reliably. SOLD

Canon FD 50mm f/1.4 lens with FD -> LTM adapter. (It's a Canon type-B adaptor with aperture fixed wide-open.) The coating has some speckling on the back and some weird spots on the front, but I never noticed this to affect image quality in a few hundred shots. $60 shipped.

Paypal, CONUS please.

Thanks for looking!
    </br>Payment accepted</br>
    • Regular PayPal (fee included in price)
    Shipping method</br> USPS Priority with insurance
    </br>Shipping charge</br> See listing
    </br>Handling time</br> < 48 hours
    </br>References</br> Ebay: hookturn
    </br>Additional comments</br>
    • Open to trade offers
    Acknowledgement</br>
    • I have read and agree to the Buy and Sell rules.

Attached Files:

2. robertasumendi

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

Jan 22, 2013
    Eugene, OR
    Robert Asumendi
    Prices tweaked. thanks for looking!

3. robertasumendi

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

Jan 22, 2013
    Eugene, OR
    Robert Asumendi
    Panasonic G1 Body sold!

4. BokehFreak

BokehFreak Mu-43 Rookie

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Jan 14, 2013
    New Smyrna Beach, FL
    Dillon Burns
  5. robertasumendi

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

Jan 22, 2013
    Eugene, OR
    Robert Asumendi
    Just to clarify, my FD adapter is not an FD -> m4/3 adapter, it's FD -> M39/LTM. It's a style that does not trip the aperture unlocking mechanism, so the 50mm lens is stuck wide-open at f/1.4 (which is the purpose of adapting this lens in the first place.)

Thanks, PM me if you're still interested!

6. robertasumendi

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

Jan 22, 2013
    Eugene, OR
    Robert Asumendi
    bump and price reduction. thanks!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.