1. Welcome to Mu-43.com—a friendly Micro 4/3 camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Leitz filter identification help

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by eeyore, Apr 5, 2011.

1. eeyore

eeyore New to Mu-43

Feb 18, 2011
    I picked up a Leitz circular polarising filter that was labelled as a 49mm filter on the case, but on trying it with my lens it doesn't seem to be a 49mm filter (i.e. it doesn't fit my lens).

The filter has Leitz Wetzlar Germany P-cir 13354 on it, any help with figuring out what it is and what it fits? I'm admittedly new to filters and all that so all I know is it's a circular polarising filter. :redface:

Thanks!

2. deirdre

deirdre Mu-43 Top Veteran

Aug 9, 2010
    Well, you ran into a weird oddity of Leica filters.

I looked up this part number, it's a Series 7 size filter. This page talks more about them, but the short story is it's an odd pitch that I think only Leica used, and it's actually 54mm but not compatible with other 54mm unless you have the right step up -- and they're basically difficult to find.

I have an E39 converter for standard B+W 39mm threads, which makes it much easier to find filters for several of my older Leica lenses.

3. eeyore

eeyore New to Mu-43

Feb 18, 2011
    Deirdre, many thanks for your reply. :)  I suppose I should have checked the filter properly instead of assuming the labelling was correct. :redface:

I've read the link, but I'm just as confused as before (if not more!). I'll have to poke around the internet/Leica sites to try to understand all their product names.

Do you think I'd be able to get an adaptor for it to fit onto a lens with a 55mm or 49mm thread filter, which seem to be more common denominators, or is this an impossibility?

4. deirdre

deirdre Mu-43 Top Veteran

Aug 9, 2010
    You might send heavystar on eBay a message; he stocks (and has manufactured sometimes) tons of odd Leica parts. His specialty seems to be filters.

5. eeyore

eeyore New to Mu-43

Feb 18, 2011
    Hi Deirdre,

Thanks for the seller link, and all your help. :)  I'll definitely check it out.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.