Leicina optivaron 6-66mm

Discussion in 'Adapted Lenses' started by marcochan, Oct 30, 2013.

1. marcochan

marcochan Mu-43 Rookie

Oct 30, 2012
    May i ask the masters here if you have any idea adapting this lens on m4/3 camera. I have an opportunity to buy it for only 50 dollars.

My questions area:

1. What adapter will i use?
    2. What will the resulting image be?

Kindly give me advise and tips.
  2. fredlong

fredlong Just this guy...

Apr 18, 2011
    Massachusetts USA
    Check out this article for some details http://gmpphoto.blogspot.com/2012/05/leicina-special.html

Apparently the Leicina was a super 8 movie camera made by Leica. The lens mount and registration distance was the same as the Leica M cameras, so an M to m4/3 adapter should work. Super 8 is pretty small so I'd expect vignetting unless Leica really over designed the lens.

3. marcochan

marcochan Mu-43 Rookie

Oct 30, 2012
    Thanks for the link fred. Now i know i have to buy the M mount to m4/3 adapter.

My question now is that was the vignette very strong? Can anybody post sample pictures?
  4. RDM

RDM Mu-43 All-Pro

it would be extremely strong
  5. ph.

ph. Mu-43 Rookie

Feb 14, 2010
    optivaron in M-mount

The mount is sturdy, yes, and Schneiders glass is excellent, but neither the big zoom nor the 10mm Cinegon covers the sensor. Both lenses are, however , quite rare in Leica mount, so as collector items they will be appreciated.

6. Adubo

Adubo SithLord

Nov 4, 2010
    I say you still buy it if its that cheap. Its a rare lens and might cash out big some day...
  7. dwig

dwig Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jun 26, 2010
    Key West FL
    True, Super-8 compares to m43 as m43 compares to the 6x45 medium format. The image diagonal of Super-8 is slightly smaller than 1/3 the diagonal of m43.
  8. Matthias32

Matthias32 New to Mu-43

Nov 12, 2013

Two weeks ago I bought this lens.
    The good news: NOS condition, lens are new, stored for 35? years..
    The bad news: it came without C-mount plate. Anybody has a photo of mount of this lens?
    A friend of mine tested his on BMPC and GH3, it looks it vignettes even on m43 (with ETC) on shorter fds...