1. Welcome to Mu-43.com—a friendly Micro 4/3 camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

leica1:4 200 ext.tube+pentax110 50mm+bodycap adapter

Discussion in 'Adapted Lenses' started by cosinaphile, Mar 14, 2010.

1. cosinaphile

cosinaphile Mu-43 All-Pro

Dec 26, 2009
    new york city
    leica1:4 200 ext.tube+pentax110 50mm+bodycap adapter , you may wonder what this will yield, or why i even cobbled it together .

the only macro i owned is a 105 2.8 AF micro nikkor which becomes somewhat
    huge on the ep1\gf1 with the adapter , also the 200mm equiv. focal length made focus a trembly fiddly affair off a tripod, especially with the 10x focus assist !

so when a saw an e bay item marked..

14020 K 1:4,5/200 1:4/200 ERNST LEITZ WETZLER GERMANY

for under 20 $ i snagged it , when it arrived i was startled at how tiny it was,
    in fact the only 50 i had that looked reasonable and balanced on it turned out to be a pentax auto 110 50 mm 2.8.... the height of a lens cap and also an anodized ring of about 3 mm added additional length

so it ends up being a defacto macro lens giving a good macro focus ability but short a bit of 1:2 still useful and sharp , the lens does not focus to infinity as modified , something i knew when i started

the lens cap has has its edge ground and polished to reduce the diameter here is a pic of the lens mounted on one of my cameras

macro_pentax_50_with_leica_extension_tube.

• Like Like x 1
  2. wilson.c

wilson.c Mu-43 Regular

Mar 1, 2010
    Nice!! You could get one of those M42 helicoids and make the setup variable :)  But then you will need to find a Leica to M42 adapter.

3. cosinaphile

Dec 26, 2009
    new york city
    tell me more about m42 helicoids , where have you seen them

thanks

4. ahuyevshi

ahuyevshi Mu-43 Veteran

Feb 9, 2010
    Berkeley, CA
    Very nice.......

5. wilson.c

wilson.c Mu-43 Regular

Mar 1, 2010
  6. cosinaphile

Dec 26, 2009
    new york city
    great info, some seem pricey

thanks for the links all who helped

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.