1. Welcome to Mu-43.com—a friendly Micro 4/3 camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Leica type 109

Discussion in 'Micro 4/3 News and Rumors' started by Phlash46, Aug 8, 2015.

1. Phlash46

Phlash46 Nikon Refugee

Jul 1, 2014
    Montrose, NY
    Bruce Gordon
    Anyone used/tried this?

2. usayit

usayit Mu-43 Hall of Famer

3. Phlash46

Phlash46 Nikon Refugee

Jul 1, 2014
    Montrose, NY
    Bruce Gordon
    Understood, but, a 3 year warranty and 2 downloads of Lightroom 6 have my attention.

4. usayit

usayit Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Yup... you are correct. The Leica warranties are always longer.. just as long as you know.

I've actually been drooling over a new high end compact myself; LX100 vs RX100 III. I'm kinda leaning towards the RX100 III for mainly size.

5. Phlash46

Phlash46 Nikon Refugee

Jul 1, 2014
    Montrose, NY
    Bruce Gordon
    I like the m4/3 sensor as well.

6. davidzvi

davidzvi Super Moderator Subscribing Member

Aug 12, 2012
    Outside Boston MA
    David
    RX100 vs LX100 really does come down size vs controls. I had the RX100 vI before I got my LX100. The RX was nice and handy, but for me anyway it was too much P&S. The one dial (and on the vI front and back have to be the same). While the LX100 is more comfortable for me.

7. Robstar1963

Robstar1963 Mu-43 All-Pro Subscribing Member

Jun 10, 2011
    Isle of Wight England UK
    Robert (Rob)
    Panasonic UK are currently (until 09/09/15) Giving a 5 Year Warranty and Double Cashback on the LX100 by Redemption

• Like Like x 1
  8. Indianpeaksjoe

Indianpeaksjoe Mu-43 All-Pro Subscribing Member

Oct 1, 2012
    Colorado
    I had a Leica Digilux 1 (the one made by Panasonic). I used the warranty 3 times in 3 years. Well worth the money.
    leicad1.jpg
    Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

So if you want the Leica one, go for it.

-Joe

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.