Leica Telyt-R 400/6.8

Discussion in 'Adapted Lenses' started by oceans, Aug 4, 2010.

1. oceans

oceans Mu-43 Regular

Jul 28, 2010
    On GF1. I've only pointed this bazooka outside from indoors, but I'll get some pictures done and posted later. It's clearing up outside, so maybe I'll at least get the moonshot tonight.

It's relatively lightweight, but still a top heavy combo with tendency to dip down when on the ball head table tripod Manfrotto 482. It works alright but for composition one must consider it will dip a notch, so ideally I'll support the front with a sandbag or get a bigger tripod.

Cheap mobile pictures.

#1) GF1 on the fully extended 400.
    #2) The 400 comes apart in two pieces.

--
    Admin, please move to appropriate subforum. Thanks!

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  2. retnull

retnull Mu-43 Regular

Feb 12, 2010
    Whew, wow -- a big one indeed!

What do the results look like?

3. oceans

oceans Mu-43 Regular

Jul 28, 2010
    It feels smaller than it looks; handles well and it really is kind of lightweight. And there's a certain sniper factor to assembling it. The Jackal, '70's version.

Nothing much to show I'm afraid, pictures to come. Just some shots out the balcony door. The colors in this picture should be fairly accurate; the sky took on this led grey tone today for a short while before clearing up after a night and a half day of compact darkish grey and constant raining.

Note that CA is dead absent on the shiny corners of the balcony rails. I thought I'd taken this "wide" open at f6.8 but then the white foreground (my balcony rail) should probably be even more contourless, so I'm not sure about the aperture.

Tripod
    Uncropped

4862094984_a156a28cc2_b.

4. JohnF

JohnF Mu-43 Regular

Apr 1, 2010
    Oberursel, Germany
    Hi -

I recently acquired one of these as well: how are you doing with yours? Any tips?

JohnF