Leica Summicron 35 2.0 ASPH

Discussion in 'Adapted Lenses' started by J. Allen, Oct 5, 2010.

1. J. Allen

J. Allen Mu-43 Regular

Aug 29, 2010
    I am going to purchase this lens for use on my E-P2 as soon as it's in stock at the dealer. I am planning on the Voigtlander adpater as well. I realize I won't utilize the full potential of the lens on the E-P2 but this is my first step in moving into up to the next purchase of an M-9. I don't forsee any issues with this set up but if anyone has any suggestions I would greatly appreciate it. Shooting in aperture priority mode the camera will still select the shutter speed I believe? As I understand it coding the lens will be of no use on the E-P2, focus should be fine since I'm focusing directly on the sensor so what I see is what I get and the Voigtalander is as good as it gets as far as adapters go but please let me know if I've missed anything.

2. silverbullet

silverbullet Mu-43 Veteran

Feb 10, 2010
    Hi J.A.

it's a good idea to use the Pen E-P2 with Leica lenses. The image stabilizer and the EV help a lot to master the manual operations.
    But it's a quite slow shooting....

My recommendation to you is to book the site of Sean Reid, the master of cameras and lenses. He made reviews about the adapted lenses for m4/3 and as I remember the wide angle lenses from Leica, VC and Zeiss achieved not so good results even they had been cropped. It must be the angle of light rays onto the sensor. Anyway, get the lenses and try.....Leica lenses never loose their value, especially if you bought them second hand.....

Here a photograph made with a Summilux 50mm f1.4. It's the old version with the vented hood:

[​IMG]

It really looks like three dimensional. It's the light, not the 'glow' of Leica lenses.....

• Like Like x 6