1. Reminder: Please user our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

[FS] Leica R Vario Elmar 105-280 f4.2 ROM | Location: Portugal | Ships: EU

Discussion in 'Expired Listings' started by RSilva, Jan 16, 2014.

1. RSilva

RSilva Mu-43 Regular

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Oct 24, 2011
    Portugal
    Buy & Sell Listing - Want to Sell
    Selling
    Leica R Vario Elmar 105-280 f4.2 ROM

Prices
    2500eur

Ships to
    EU

Description
    EU only!

Selling my superb Leica R 105-280mm f4.2 rom

This one came with a set of equipment I wanted to buy and I am selling it because I have some fixed focal lenses that cover it´s range. I don´t like zooms but I must say that this is a very special one…

This is one of the best tele-photo lens ever built and only surpassed by the leica apo lenses itself, nothing from Canon or Nikon comes close to it.
    Leica in the 90's did some very crazy lenses for the R system, in fact some of this lenses where way superior to their Leica M brothers and the price of these lenses on the second hand market speaks for themselves, being higher or equal to the Leica M most expensive lenses brand new.

This lens is almost perfect at all the focal lenght with a top performance from 200 to 240mm, and being a Leica lens, already very good wide open.
    To achieve such a superb optical performance Leica did employ some very fragile glass in the design. As a consequence of that, the last optical element of the lens group is rather soft and prone to scratches, therefore even cleaning the lens with care could result in light damage to the glass surface. This problem is well documented in the web.
    I am telling you this because it's the case of this lens, it has some very light scratches to the surface of the last glass element. Let me assure you that you can´t see them under normal light circumstances during the day or night. One needs to put the lens under a collimated light source to see these very faded scratches.
    I took the lens to an reputed technician that asked me why I should bother having the lens fixed if it would have no affect to the image quality. Also, the mechanical tolerance on these Leica lenses is very tight, about 5 to 20 microns from glass to glass (a industry standard lens would have a normal tolerance of about 100 microns or 0,1mm). The only solution would be to send the lens to Leica Solms and have it repaired and checked under extreme measurement equipment - in other words a fix probably would harm the lens more than leaving it like it is.

The overall quality of this lens is second to none, built like a tank and it is in very good condition with very few marks to the body. Comes with a true leather case, special tripod rotating mount (the best I have seen), strap and both caps.

This is one of the few lenses than can take full advantage of the 36mp sensors (Nikon D800) and the 54mp sensors yet to come.
    Because leica R lenses are colour corrected the movie industry has being buying them and driving the prices even higher so get yourself a bargain.

I am asking way less than the normal ebay price, shipped with tracking number and insurance. If you want to trade it make me an offer, I am interested in a medium format camera 6x6 or bigger or an hasselblad X-pan, Contax G2 for my contax lenses, Bessaflex for my m42 lenses or a Leica M film camera. No digital gear please.

Will send photos upon request and I will check buyers status before any deal.

Payment accepted
    • Regular PayPal (buyer adds 3% for this option)
    • Bank transfer (no buyer protection)
    Shipping method
    Registered mail with insurance and tracking number

Shipping charge
    Free

Handling time
    5 days

References
    -

Additional comments
    • Open to trade offers
    • Open to reasonable offers below asking price
    • Will ship only to the address on the PayPal transaction details page
    • Buyer must have a PayPal confirmed address
    Acknowledgement
    • I have read and agree to the Buy and Sell rules.

2. RSilva

RSilva Mu-43 Regular

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Oct 24, 2011
    Portugal
  3. RSilva

RSilva Mu-43 Regular

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Oct 24, 2011
    Portugal