Leica R-mount adapter recommendation

Discussion in 'Adapted Lenses' started by turbodieselvw, Dec 16, 2011.

1. turbodieselvw

turbodieselvw Mu-43 Veteran

Jun 29, 2010
    I have a Leica Summicron R-mount 50 mm lens and purchased a $35+ Leica R to m43 adapter on eBay only to find that the lens will not fit the mount. If any of you are using this lens, what adapter are you using?
  2. shnitz

shnitz Mu-43 Top Veteran

Aug 25, 2011
    Austin, TX
    I am a big big fan of Kipon and Voigtlander. Novoflex and Metabones are respectable brands as well, and I can also say that I've had good experience with RJ Camera. I had a similar bad experience as you with a cheap adapter for OM, and decided it's not worth my time to gamble, fiddle with the mount flange, risk damage or excessive wear to my camera or lens, etc.
  3. fredlong

fredlong Just this guy...

Apr 18, 2011
    Massachusetts USA
    This may be way too obvious, but just to cover all the bases, are you sure it's a Leica R and not a Leica M adapter?

4. Baimei

Baimei Mu-43 Regular

Dec 15, 2011
    R mount adapter

I have the Panasonic DMW-MA3R adapter.
    Works for my Summicron R 50 and Summicron R 90 with my Panasonic bodies.
  5. turbodieselvw

turbodieselvw Mu-43 Veteran

Jun 29, 2010

It's definitely an R and not am M mount. I have both R and M mount lenses.

Thanks for the suggestions, everyone. I didn't know Panny had an R-mount adapter. I'll have to look into it.
  6. tamoio

tamoio Mu-43 Regular

I've been using the Panasonic R-mount for almost 2 years, I think it is actually the best, it is less expensive than the Novoflex and I think its a better design than the fotodiox (I have versions of both). The Panasonic locks positively, doesn't wiggle and no internal reflection issues.