Leica R lenses

Johna

Mu-43 Regular
I have Leica R lenses 35mm, 50mm,and 90mm I have been able to fit these onto my E-PL1. I would like to get a sigma quattro the cheaper one, or the H, but there are no adapters available so I might go for a Olympus body, probably the new pen F. with a Tarion viewer to help focussing. (I suppose I could go for a full frame Sony)

wimg

Mu-43 Top Veteran
I have Leica R lenses 35mm, 50mm,and 90mm I have been able to fit these onto my E-PL1. I would like to get a sigma quattro the cheaper one, or the H, but there are no adapters available so I might go for a Olympus body, probably the new pen F. with a Tarion viewer to help focussing. (I suppose I could go for a full frame Sony)
If you managed to fit these on an E-PL1, I wouldn't think you'd need a Tarion viewer for focusing on teh Pen-F. You could just as well enlarge the view if you'd ask me, or use peaking.

HTH, kind regards, Wim

gwydionjhr

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
Joel

You are aware that Sigma should be announcing a Quattro FF L-Mount camera shortly, eh?

Johna

Mu-43 Regular
Yes I know the new Sigma is coming, but I don,t expect I will be able to use my old Leica s film lenses on it. While they make lenses for all cameras they don,t allow other makers of lenses onto their cameras. I,m in no rush but I am looking at putting them on an Olympus pen F, or an Olympus OM-d E-M10 4/3rd,s I have an adapter. Alternativly the cheaper Sony FF ILCE7B (body) I can get a reasonable adapter from Jack the Hat here in the UK. It,s the manual focussing that will probably decide the choice. I already have a Sigma dp3 and I like it.

TNcasual

Mu-43 Legend
I regularly use Leica R glass on my E-M10 and E-M5 with a dumb adapter and focal reducers. They give me great results and I rather enjoy the images they produce. I think I am about the only forum member who does so.

OP, do you have any specific questions?

Johna

Mu-43 Regular
I bought an adapter so I can use the lenses on 43 cameras. I don,t mind if the 35mm becomes a 70, or the 50 becomes 100, or the 90 becomes 180 when used on 43rds. I have Olympus 9-18,a 7artizan 24 and an Olympus 40-150. My real experience is in film cameras and I know very little about these digitals. When people talk about pixels to me it dosn,t mean much I only print A4 and A3 sizes, which if they are in focus are good. You mention focal reducers this is something I have never heard of. I will look up the cameras you mention.

Latest threads

Top Bottom