Leica / Pany 25mm f1.4

Discussion in 'Native Lenses' started by Iansky, Mar 21, 2012.

1. Iansky

Iansky Mu-43 All-Pro

Dec 26, 2009
    The Cotswolds, UK
    I am looking forwards to collecting my 45mm this weekend on return from trip, I am trading in the 14-42X and my well used 20mm for this lens.
    I have been totally disillusioned by the "X" lens and Panasonic customer service is just as bad!
    Good riddence to X and welcome to the 25 that I think will end up as my prime street lens.
    It has great reviews so I am looking forwards to using it.
  2. Bhupinder2002

Bhupinder2002 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Hi Ian
    U were supposed to be in India? What happened to that trip? PL 25 mm 1.4 is a wonderful lens and u will love it .
  3. D@ne

D@ne Mu-43 Top Veteran

Feb 23, 2012
    As long as you're okay with the size of it (well, the size difference between it and your 14-42x that is), I have no doubt you'll enjoy using it immensely...the 50mm length is a perfect everyday lens in my opinion.
  4. ZephyrZ33

ZephyrZ33 Mu-43 Top Veteran

Nov 18, 2010
    Southern California
    I am deeply saddened by this news. Even though your photos owe most of it's quality to your composition, pp etc... you made a good endorsement for the 20mm.

With that said, I'm excited to see what you can do with the 25mm.
  5. James Pilcher

James Pilcher Mu-43 Regular

Nov 6, 2011
    Colorful Colorado
    Good decision

The PL 25mm f/1.4 is an outstanding lens. I have, for many MANY years, avoided the "normal" focal length primes and zooms. I felt that the angle of view was boring. When I went ยต4/3, the 12mm f/2, 25mm f/1.4, and 45mm f/1.8 were all announced and becoming available. I decided to make that my base set of lenses. As soon as I placed that 25mm on my E-PL3 and looked at the resulting images, I knew I had something special in my kit. It is now my go-to lens. I cannot say enough good things about it. Even the most critical pixel peepers will be happy with this lens.

Enjoy. You will have a great lens when that 25mm arrives. :smile: Oh, and that 45mm f/1.8 isn't too shabby either!
  6. Kiwi Paul

Kiwi Paul Mu-43 Top Veteran

Aug 15, 2011
    Aberdeen Scotland
    I love it too, there's something about it that makes it special, hard to describe (and I don't just mean the great IQ that's a given, something about the way it renders a pic, the contrast whatever), it's a cracker lens.

All this talk of the 45mm too has finally convinced me to get one, it will fit in with my kit well (m9-18, 25, 45, 100-300), I was holding out till the 60mm Macro is released but I'm too impatient lol.