1. Welcome to Mu-43.com—a friendly Micro 4/3 camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Leica / Pany 25mm f1.4

Discussion in 'Native Lenses' started by Iansky, Mar 21, 2012.

1. Iansky

Iansky Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Dec 26, 2009
    The Cotswolds, UK
    I am looking forwards to collecting my 45mm this weekend on return from trip, I am trading in the 14-42X and my well used 20mm for this lens.
    I have been totally disillusioned by the "X" lens and Panasonic customer service is just as bad!
    Good riddence to X and welcome to the 25 that I think will end up as my prime street lens.
    It has great reviews so I am looking forwards to using it.

2. Bhupinder2002

Bhupinder2002 Mu-43 Hall of Famer Subscribing Member

Hi Ian
    U were supposed to be in India? What happened to that trip? PL 25 mm 1.4 is a wonderful lens and u will love it .
    Cheers
    Bhupinder

3. D@ne

D@ne Mu-43 Top Veteran

Feb 23, 2012
    Toronto
    As long as you're okay with the size of it (well, the size difference between it and your 14-42x that is), I have no doubt you'll enjoy using it immensely...the 50mm length is a perfect everyday lens in my opinion.

4. ZephyrZ33

ZephyrZ33 Mu-43 Top Veteran

Nov 18, 2010
    Southern California
    Ian:
    I am deeply saddened by this news. Even though your photos owe most of it's quality to your composition, pp etc... you made a good endorsement for the 20mm.

With that said, I'm excited to see what you can do with the 25mm.

5. James Pilcher

James Pilcher Mu-43 Regular

Nov 6, 2011
    Colorful Colorado
    Good decision

The PL 25mm f/1.4 is an outstanding lens. I have, for many MANY years, avoided the "normal" focal length primes and zooms. I felt that the angle of view was boring. When I went µ4/3, the 12mm f/2, 25mm f/1.4, and 45mm f/1.8 were all announced and becoming available. I decided to make that my base set of lenses. As soon as I placed that 25mm on my E-PL3 and looked at the resulting images, I knew I had something special in my kit. It is now my go-to lens. I cannot say enough good things about it. Even the most critical pixel peepers will be happy with this lens.

Enjoy. You will have a great lens when that 25mm arrives. :smile: Oh, and that 45mm f/1.8 isn't too shabby either!

6. Kiwi Paul

Kiwi Paul Mu-43 Top Veteran

Aug 15, 2011
    Aberdeen Scotland
    I love it too, there's something about it that makes it special, hard to describe (and I don't just mean the great IQ that's a given, something about the way it renders a pic, the contrast whatever), it's a cracker lens.

All this talk of the 45mm too has finally convinced me to get one, it will fit in with my kit well (m9-18, 25, 45, 100-300), I was holding out till the 60mm Macro is released but I'm too impatient lol.

Paul

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.