Leica M adapter

Discussion in 'Adapted Lenses' started by camerhoon, Jul 17, 2010.

1. camerhoon

camerhoon Guest

Feb 27, 2010
    I have decided to get one of these adapters as a friend has a range of M lens I can try. There seems to be a big range in price from voigtlander ($250 AU) to $35 no name brands. Am I correct in assuming it is only a mechanical adapter without any electronic connections, so why should I pay for the more expensive ones.... any one tried a lowish priced one and been happy with the quality?

TIA

2. OzRay

OzRay Mu-43 Legend Charter Member

Jan 29, 2010
    South Gippsland, Australia
    Ray, not Oz
    The only thing with some of the cheap ones, is that you take your chances with the quality of fit and finish of some of them, especially the way that the locking lever works and how tight (or not) the fit. I've got the Voigtlander and one of the cheap ones; both work, but the Voigtlander is superior, but perhaps not to the degree that the price difference indicates. Unfortunately, when I got mine, there were no Chinese ones available.

Cheers

Ray

• Like Like x 2
  3. qball

qball Mu-43 Regular

Jun 19, 2010
    • Like Like x 2
  4. OzRay

OzRay Mu-43 Legend Charter Member

Jan 29, 2010
    South Gippsland, Australia
    Ray, not Oz
    The Metabones adapters appear to be pretty good (they look very much like the Voigtlander ones) and seem to get a good report from users. Sometimes the most expensive or the cheapest isn't always the best way to go.

Cheers

Ray

• Like Like x 2
  5. camerhoon

camerhoon Guest

Feb 27, 2010
    thanks guys

I thought as much. I'm not adverse to saving money, if I can get good quality for less. Thanks for the advice.

6. CedMan

CedMan New to Mu-43

Jun 15, 2010
    I bought that exact listing and I can say the metabones quality is really nice, I cannot be happier.

7. davesee

davesee New to Mu-43

Jul 22, 2010
  8. chylld

chylld Mu-43 Regular Charter Member

Jan 13, 2010
    hmm if I saw this I would have gotten it instead of the Voigtlander... they look physically identical!

Not complaining about the Voigtlander adapter's quality though - it's top notch. And accurate enough that the focus scale on the lens is only out by 2cm at 1m subject distance!

9. revzoom

revzoom New to Mu-43

Jul 26, 2010
    I got the Fotodiox and it is excellent.