Leica M adapter

camerhoon

I have decided to get one of these adapters as a friend has a range of M lens I can try. There seems to be a big range in price from voigtlander ($250 AU) to $35 no name brands. Am I correct in assuming it is only a mechanical adapter without any electronic connections, so why should I pay for the more expensive ones.... any one tried a lowish priced one and been happy with the quality?

TIA

OzRay

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Ray, not Oz
I have decided to get one of these adapters as a friend has a range of M lens I can try. There seems to be a big range in price from voigtlander ($250 AU) to $35 no name brands. Am I correct in assuming it is only a mechanical adapter without any electronic connections, so why should I pay for the more expensive ones.... any one tried a lowish priced one and been happy with the quality?

TIA
The only thing with some of the cheap ones, is that you take your chances with the quality of fit and finish of some of them, especially the way that the locking lever works and how tight (or not) the fit. I've got the Voigtlander and one of the cheap ones; both work, but the Voigtlander is superior, but perhaps not to the degree that the price difference indicates. Unfortunately, when I got mine, there were no Chinese ones available.

Cheers

Ray

OzRay

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Ray, not Oz
The Metabones adapters appear to be pretty good (they look very much like the Voigtlander ones) and seem to get a good report from users. Sometimes the most expensive or the cheapest isn't always the best way to go.

Cheers

Ray

camerhoon

thanks guys

I thought as much. I'm not adverse to saving money, if I can get good quality for less. Thanks for the advice.

CedMan

New to Mu-43
I bought that exact listing and I can say the metabones quality is really nice, I cannot be happier.

davesee

New to Mu-43

chylld

Mu-43 Regular
There's one on evil-bay that is EXCELLENT quality for about 1/2 of the Voigtlander...

Leica M Lens To Micro 4/3 Adapter Japan M4/3 G1 GF1 EP2 - eBay (item 220612361284 end time Jul-01-10 16:48:13 PDT)

Tell him you're a member here... Make an offer and he can (or at least he did), offer it at $65US.

Q
hmm if I saw this I would have gotten it instead of the Voigtlander... they look physically identical!

Not complaining about the Voigtlander adapter's quality though - it's top notch. And accurate enough that the focus scale on the lens is only out by 2cm at 1m subject distance!

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom