Leica lists their version (typ 109) of the LX100

Discussion in 'Micro 4/3 News and Rumors' started by letsgofishing, Sep 16, 2014.

1. letsgofishing

letsgofishing Mu-43 Veteran

Nov 21, 2012
    South Africa
    Mike Kaplan
    • Like Like x 1
  2. drd1135

drd1135 Zen Snapshooter

Mar 17, 2011
    Southwest Virginia
    I bet that really has the Lecia feel, i.e., a hand reaching into your pocket.
    • Like Like x 6
  3. Kenny

Kenny Mu-43 Regular

Sep 9, 2012
    KL Malaysia
    I wonder whether the re-selling price of Leica will be better than panasonic?

Sent from my iPhone using Mu-43
  4. biza48

biza48 Mu-43 Regular

Jul 31, 2014
    Besides LR, Leica also offers a 3 year warranty, so extra 200 USD is not that bad. Plus, in countries like mine (Portugal) where Panasonic's photo presence is all but non-existent (both is shops and customer service), Leica is a well known brand, reputable, and with good service.
  5. Jonathan F/2

Jonathan F/2 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Aug 10, 2011
    Los Angeles, CA
    I have a question since it's Leica badged, in the US where would you send it to get repaired under warranty? I actually kinda like how it looks!
  6. agentlossing

agentlossing Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Jun 26, 2013
    Andrew Lossing
    So the lx100 does have OIS.
  7. Dan43

Dan43 Mu-43 Regular

Apr 25, 2014
    Apparently, here in Europe, the Leica version is only 100 Euros more. Taking into account that the Leica version also includes Lightroom, I have a feeling that this may become a very successful product for Leica.

I do assume, however, that the firmware of the Leica will basically correspond to that of the Panasonic.
  8. yorik

yorik Mu-43 Veteran

Dec 23, 2013
    Scotts Valley, CA
  9. usayit

usayit Mu-43 Hall of Famer

I would assume Leica in Allendale, NJ (I work nearby) would accept warranty service. I've dropped by a couple of times for service... both were good experiences.

I have to admit, I've never been interested in any compact from Leica, just the M and S systems. I have purchased a few Panasonics that bear their name.