1. Welcome to Mu-43.com—a friendly Micro 4/3 camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Leica lists their version (typ 109) of the LX100

Discussion in 'Micro 4/3 News and Rumors' started by letsgofishing, Sep 16, 2014.

1. letsgofishing

letsgofishing Mu-43 Veteran

Nov 21, 2012
    South Africa
    Mike Kaplan
    • Like Like x 1
  2. drd1135

drd1135 Zen Snapshooter Subscribing Member

Mar 17, 2011
    Southwest Virginia
    Steve
    I bet that really has the Lecia feel, i.e., a hand reaching into your pocket.

• Like Like x 6
  3. Kenny

Kenny Mu-43 Regular

Sep 9, 2012
    KL Malaysia
    I wonder whether the re-selling price of Leica will be better than panasonic?

Sent from my iPhone using Mu-43

4. biza48

biza48 Mu-43 Regular

Jul 31, 2014
    Portugal
    Besides LR, Leica also offers a 3 year warranty, so extra 200 USD is not that bad. Plus, in countries like mine (Portugal) where Panasonic's photo presence is all but non-existent (both is shops and customer service), Leica is a well known brand, reputable, and with good service.

5. Jonathan F/2

Jonathan F/2 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Aug 10, 2011
    Los Angeles, USA
    I have a question since it's Leica badged, in the US where would you send it to get repaired under warranty? I actually kinda like how it looks!

6. agentlossing

agentlossing Mu-43 Hall of Famer Subscribing Member

Jun 26, 2013
    Andrew Lossing
    So the lx100 does have OIS.
    GX1•EP1•GF3•17/2.8•30/2.8

7. Dan43

Dan43 Mu-43 Regular

Apr 25, 2014
    Apparently, here in Europe, the Leica version is only 100 Euros more. Taking into account that the Leica version also includes Lightroom, I have a feeling that this may become a very successful product for Leica.

I do assume, however, that the firmware of the Leica will basically correspond to that of the Panasonic.

8. yorik

yorik Mu-43 Top Veteran Subscribing Member

Dec 23, 2013
    Scotts Valley, CA
    Yonatan
  9. usayit

usayit Mu-43 Hall of Famer

I would assume Leica in Allendale, NJ (I work nearby) would accept warranty service. I've dropped by a couple of times for service... both were good experiences.

I have to admit, I've never been interested in any compact from Leica, just the M and S systems. I have purchased a few Panasonics that bear their name.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.