Leica 25mm f/1.4 DG Summilux In Stock at B&H

Discussion in 'Micro 4/3 News and Rumors' started by Amin Sabet, May 3, 2012.

1. Amin Sabet

Amin Sabet Administrator

Apr 10, 2009
    Boston, MA (USA)
    • Like Like x 1
  2. captevo

captevo Mu-43 Regular

Mar 14, 2012
    I ordered from Panasonic Direct awhile ago, just received shipping confirmation email. So I guess we'll be seeing more available.... hopefully.
  3. Amin Sabet

Amin Sabet Administrator

Apr 10, 2009
    Boston, MA (USA)
    I hope you're right! At any rate, I finally broke down and ordered one.
    • Like Like x 1
  4. M4/3

M4/3 Mu-43 Top Veteran

Sep 24, 2011
    Sorry if this is a naive question, but do Pany/Leica lenses produce images that have the same degree of brightness and
    hues of color as compared to Oly/Zuiko lenses?

Example: I love the relatively bright, rich, yet realistic colors in these Oly 17mm prime images taken with an E-PL1:

But will the SUMMILUX_25_mm deliver the same degree of image brightness and hues of color?
    These sample SUMMILUX_25 images taken with an E-PL1 have me concerned as both the image brightness and
    colors look subdued:
  5. Linh

Linh Mu-43 All-Pro

Apr 14, 2009
    Maryland, US
    welcome to the club =)
  6. eyelet

eyelet New to Mu-43

May 4, 2012

Thanks so much for the notification! I have been checking on the lens every other day or so, after checking for the om-d. I might have missed it if I didn't see your post! Hopefully I grabbed it in time. Though, it doesn't make much difference because I can't use the lens until the camera arrives :(
  7. grohde

grohde Mu-43 Rookie

Jul 8, 2011
    I also ordered one from Panasonic Direct at the beginning of March and just got the shipment email today. Can't wait...
  8. demiro

demiro Mu-43 All-Pro

Nov 7, 2010
    Out of stock again. I just traded mine. Boxed it up this morning, and I am missing it already. I may have ordered one if B&H still had them. It's a very, very good lens. And I am a bit sick.
  9. fredlong

fredlong Just this guy...

Apr 18, 2011
    Massachusetts USA
    Look at this thread to see 40 pages photos from this lens.
  10. Armanius

Armanius Mu-43 All-Pro

Feb 23, 2010
    Any OMD owner interested in a PL25? I'll trade my PL25 for your OMD! Straight up of course!
  11. Amin Sabet

Amin Sabet Administrator

Apr 10, 2009
    Boston, MA (USA)
    Darn, I wish I had known my brother was getting an OM-D while this was in stock. Now he has his camera but can't find the lens I've recommended to go with it.
  12. timein

timein Mu-43 Rookie

Sep 9, 2011
    20mm also in stock at B&H at $359.
    • Like Like x 1