Leica 15mm for $403.50 [ebay]

yorik

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Yonatan
No Warranty... seems a little sketchy. But a very good price (makes it seem even more sketchy :confused:)

Jonathan F/2

Mu-43 Legend
I believe I ordered a 45mm 1.8 from them awhile back. The lens shipped fast and I received it the same week. Your mileage may very though.

playak47

Mu-43 Veteran
I wouldn't be too worried about buying from ebay. I have bought few lens like this from hongkong/taiwan, never had any issues. My rational was ebay protection and paypal. The policies are geared towards the buyers and protecting them from frauds.

Serhan

Mu-43 Top Veteran

Serhan

Mu-43 Top Veteran

jd950

Mu-43 Regular
Yeah, I was interested in this deal (the black one), but I can only get to the page by the link, doing an ebay search, even by the exact listing used by this seller, does not bring them up. I don't understand.

Edit to add: I see this is listed as a "markdown" item, whatever that may mean in this case. I also noticed that any return must be made within 7 days. Buyer pays return shipping as expected, but also any refund is less the seller's original "handling" shipping and seller's ebay fees and refund is made in "local currency" which I guess is Hong Kong dollars and any resulting exchange rate issues are buyer's problem.

Coupled with no warranty whatsoever, I think I will just spend an extra $100 and get it from a U.S. dealer.

absolutic

Mu-43 Top Veteran
How much is this lens better than Oly 17/1.8 in terms of sharpness and af for those of us who have Olympus not Panasonic and cannot take advantage of Aperture ring on the lens? It seems to be priced significantly higher?

Jonathan F/2

Mu-43 Legend
How much is this lens better than Oly 17/1.8 in terms of sharpness and af for those of us who have Olympus not Panasonic and cannot take advantage of Aperture ring on the lens? It seems to be priced significantly higher?

The samples look pretty sharp. Almost reminds me of the 25mm 1.4, but with the 15mm FOV. I think part of the reason for the higher price is the Leica tax added on. I think it really depends on the photographer if they want to pay the additional cost and want that focal length. For the price though, I'd probably just get the 25mm for the 1.4 or the 12mm f/2 for the wider FOV.

jd950

Mu-43 Regular
Well, FWIW, Amazon has the lens in black for $520.00 and B&H will match that. I just ordered the lens from B&H. Might be cheaper in the next couple of weeks of sales, but maybe not.

In regard to absolutic's question, I believe, from all I have read, that the two lenses are very close in IQ, maybe a little better sharpness with the Panasonic, but I use both Pana and Oly bodies and I wanted the aperture ring and I like the lens hood that comes with the 15. I also wanted the very slightly wider angle of view. Difference in price is under $100, so I would pick whichever looks more appealing.

Azon

Mu-43 Regular
same here, not even a list of available items for sale from the seller, strange...

peanuts

New to Mu-43
I want to buy the lens, but can't get pass the checkout page... Ebay is complaining about shipping cost cannot be calculated. :rolleyes:

Latest threads

Top Bottom