legacy OM extension tubes

ashatron

Mu-43 Rookie
Hi all, just a quick one.

I can't for the life of me find many Olympus OM legacy lens extension tubes online anywhere.

The ones I do find are like £35 for one tube. I thought you could get sets for cheaper than that.

Am I searching for the wrong thing? Any links would be great. I'm very happy third party tubes if they work.

(these tubes are for use with legacy lenses manual focus macro)

Hope you can help, going insane trying to find them.

andyw

Mu-43 Veteran
I think they just mean that they will fit with an OM to 4/3's adapter. I have a set of OM extension tubes i got in a box of lenses. 4 lenses and 3 tubes for £45. 2 of the lenses are great and the tubes work well. Bargain of the year!!

ashatron

Mu-43 Rookie
You are wonderful people! Thanks for the help.

Yeh the descriptions are useless! The all say OM then say they are for e420/520/620!

OzRay

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Ray, not Oz
MACRO EXTENSION TUBES KIT OLYMPUS OM FILM / DIGITAL EXC - eBay (item 250637351382 end time Jun-01-10 03:49:36 PDT)

that a real one

very curious that all those on ebay now claim 4\3 and om compatability ???

do they know something i dont?
I found that the OM and 4/3s mounts are effectively the same, after I received my OM 80mm f4 macro lens. The major difference is that the OM lens release tab is on the lens, rather than the camera body. So it actually looks like Olympus didn't design a completely new mount for 4/3s, but just adapted the old OM mount with very minor changes.

Cheers

Ray

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom