1. Reminder: Please user our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

legacy OM extension tubes

Discussion in 'Adapted Lenses' started by ashatron, May 26, 2010.

1. ashatron

ashatron Mu-43 Rookie

May 16, 2010
    Hi all, just a quick one.

I can't for the life of me find many Olympus OM legacy lens extension tubes online anywhere.

The ones I do find are like £35 for one tube. I thought you could get sets for cheaper than that.

Am I searching for the wrong thing? Any links would be great. I'm very happy third party tubes if they work.

(these tubes are for use with legacy lenses manual focus macro)

Hope you can help, going insane trying to find them.

2. bilzmale

bilzmale Mu-43 All-Pro

Does this help? Their description seems a bit muddled.

3. cosinaphile

cosinaphile Mu-43 All-Pro

Dec 26, 2009
    new york city
  4. andyw

andyw Mu-43 Veteran

Jan 27, 2010
    Surrey. UK
    I think they just mean that they will fit with an OM to 4/3's adapter. I have a set of OM extension tubes i got in a box of lenses. 4 lenses and 3 tubes for £45. 2 of the lenses are great and the tubes work well. Bargain of the year!!

5. ashatron

ashatron Mu-43 Rookie

May 16, 2010
    You are wonderful people! Thanks for the help.

Yeh the descriptions are useless! The all say OM then say they are for e420/520/620!

6. OzRay

OzRay Mu-43 Legend

Jan 29, 2010
    South Gippsland, Australia
    Ray, not Oz
    I found that the OM and 4/3s mounts are effectively the same, after I received my OM 80mm f4 macro lens. The major difference is that the OM lens release tab is on the lens, rather than the camera body. So it actually looks like Olympus didn't design a completely new mount for 4/3s, but just adapted the old OM mount with very minor changes.

Cheers

Ray