legacy lens focus on GF1

unkabin

Mu-43 Regular
Hello,

I'm just wondering if the GF1 will/can zoom when focusing a legacy, manual-focus lens, the way it does for m4/3 lenses.

If not, how do people who used MF lenses feel about focus ability? I'm specifically thinking of something like a fast 50mm used as a candid portrait lens.

Thanks,
Vincent

mr.hauser

Mu-43 Rookie
There is also a way to use the control wheel button to enable the zoomed focusing. Off the top of my head I don't remember exactly what options to enable for that, but that was extremely convenient versus the 2 button press on the g1/gh1

Ray Sachs

Super Moderator
Yeah, it zooms in for focus. It can't feel you turn the focus ring on a legacy lens so it doesn't do it automatically, but when you're in manual focus mode and aperture priority, all you do is press in on the control dial/wheel and it magnifies the screen for you. Then you can either press it again or just partially depress the shutter to get back out to the full view. Its as easy as it is on any of these cameras...

-Ray

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom