1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Legacy at an Antics Shop?

Discussion in 'Adapted Lenses' started by greyhat, Feb 24, 2013.

1. greyhat

greyhat Mu-43 Regular

Feb 14, 2013
    Hello,

I noticed in an antics store and in pawn store I visited recently that they have legacy lenses in good shape and v. cheap prices. How to know which would fit and function well (even with adopter) using on GH3/GH2? Example, I seen a Minolta 1.8/50mm. How is this lens with those cameras?

Thank you for your time.

2. juangrande

juangrande Mu-43 Top Veteran

Dec 2, 2012
    COLORADO
    If you know the mount, there's an adapter for practically any known SLR lens. Cheap ones, usually.

3. Droogie

Droogie Mu-43 Veteran

Feb 23, 2013
    Washington State
    I find some legacy glass at yard and estate sales. I love the Pentax stuff (my own from my K1000 days), but I found a nice Cosina and a couple Yashikas for $20 or so and with a Rainbow imaging adapter they work great on my G3.

4. ptolemyx

ptolemyx Mu-43 Veteran

Jun 19, 2012
    Vancouver, BC
    Ben
    I'm not sure I'd buy lenses from an antics shop. They'd probably be a joke.

• Like Like x 1
  5. juangrande

juangrande Mu-43 Top Veteran

Dec 2, 2012
    COLORADO
    Check'em out. An led torch and a semi dark room will tell you what you need to know!

6. fin azvandi

fin azvandi Mu-43 All-Pro

Mar 12, 2011
    South Bend, IN
    Adapters are cheap, usually in the $15-30 range I think. Like Juangrande said, there are adapters for just about every brand of SLR manual focus lens. If you're unable to figure out what kind of mount/adapter you need, make a note of what kind of camera it was attached to (if you know for sure) and post an image of the lens here.

7. greyhat

greyhat Mu-43 Regular

Feb 14, 2013
    Thanks all for these replies. I will check them out, take note of camera and take a photo of the lens and post here. It is a relief to know there is an adopter for any SLR MF lens and there are cheap adopters. In all cases I will buy only if it was really good condition and v cheap price lens :)

8. dav1dz

dav1dz Mu-43 Top Veteran

Nov 6, 2012
    Canada
    It's easy to get lost in a vast selection of legacy lenses.

Select the focal lengths you know you'll use. Resale values are abysmal so keep that in mind.

9. greyhat

greyhat Mu-43 Regular

Feb 14, 2013
    Thanks dav1dz, this is so true. I'll keep in mind and only buy what I want to absolutely keep and not re-sell.