Legacy at an Antics Shop?

Discussion in 'Adapted Lenses' started by greyhat, Feb 24, 2013.

1. greyhat

greyhat Mu-43 Regular

Feb 14, 2013
    Hello,

I noticed in an antics store and in pawn store I visited recently that they have legacy lenses in good shape and v. cheap prices. How to know which would fit and function well (even with adopter) using on GH3/GH2? Example, I seen a Minolta 1.8/50mm. How is this lens with those cameras?

Thank you for your time.

2. juangrande

juangrande Mu-43 Top Veteran

Dec 2, 2012
    COLORADO
    If you know the mount, there's an adapter for practically any known SLR lens. Cheap ones, usually.

3. Droogie

Droogie Mu-43 Veteran

Feb 23, 2013
    Washington State
    I find some legacy glass at yard and estate sales. I love the Pentax stuff (my own from my K1000 days), but I found a nice Cosina and a couple Yashikas for $20 or so and with a Rainbow imaging adapter they work great on my G3.

4. ptolemyx

ptolemyx Mu-43 Veteran

Jun 19, 2012
    Vancouver, BC
    Ben
    I'm not sure I'd buy lenses from an antics shop. They'd probably be a joke.

• Like Like x 1
  5. juangrande

juangrande Mu-43 Top Veteran

Dec 2, 2012
    COLORADO
    Check'em out. An led torch and a semi dark room will tell you what you need to know!

6. fin azvandi

fin azvandi Mu-43 All-Pro

Mar 12, 2011
    South Bend, IN
    Adapters are cheap, usually in the $15-30 range I think. Like Juangrande said, there are adapters for just about every brand of SLR manual focus lens. If you're unable to figure out what kind of mount/adapter you need, make a note of what kind of camera it was attached to (if you know for sure) and post an image of the lens here.

7. greyhat

greyhat Mu-43 Regular

Feb 14, 2013
    Thanks all for these replies. I will check them out, take note of camera and take a photo of the lens and post here. It is a relief to know there is an adopter for any SLR MF lens and there are cheap adopters. In all cases I will buy only if it was really good condition and v cheap price lens :) 

8. dav1dz

dav1dz Mu-43 Top Veteran

Nov 6, 2012
    Canada
    It's easy to get lost in a vast selection of legacy lenses.

Select the focal lengths you know you'll use. Resale values are abysmal so keep that in mind.

9. greyhat

greyhat Mu-43 Regular

Feb 14, 2013
    Thanks dav1dz, this is so true. I'll keep in mind and only buy what I want to absolutely keep and not re-sell.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.