1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Lee Seven5 Filters

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by runner girl, Mar 23, 2015.

1. runner girl

runner girl Mu-43 Regular

Nov 26, 2011
    Does anyone here use this system? If so, which of the filters do you find you use the most often? I am thinking of starting with the Big and Little Stoppers.

2. ripleys baby

ripleys baby Straw clutcher

Aug 10, 2011
    I have a 3 stop hard grad
    A 2 stop soft and 2 stop hard grad. And a big stopper. Considering the investment I rarely use them . Laziness more than anything. I am sure that I've used the hard 3 stop the most though.

3. Richella

Richella The Wandering Scotsman

Aug 21, 2011
    Kuala Lumpur
    I have the Deluxe Filter kit which included the polariser, big stopper, 0.9 and 0.6 Hard and 0.6 soft. I've not used them so much recently but last year used them all fairly equally. Big stopper was great for cloudy, windy skies.

4. Lcrunyon

Lcrunyon Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jun 4, 2014
    Maryland
    Loren
    I have both the big and little stopper, and both the hard and soft grad sets, as well as the polarizer. I do use them a lot, because I like shooting landscape and long exposure. Optically they are superb. If I had to start with just one or two, it would be the big stopper and the polarizer.

5. Lcrunyon

Lcrunyon Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jun 4, 2014
    Maryland
    Loren
    One word of caution: don't get the hood. It's not well designed.

6. Richella

Richella The Wandering Scotsman

Aug 21, 2011
    Kuala Lumpur
    I second that recommendation! If you're starting out, start with polariser and big stopper. Polariser is most useful and big stopper most fun.

7. rezatravilla

rezatravilla Mu-43 Top Veteran

Aug 7, 2013
    Indonesia
    Reza Travilla
    hi all, i'm also considering to buy seven5. Still niewbie on landscape photographer. What is the different between hard ND and soft ND? do you all have pictures sample?

8. mannukiddo

mannukiddo Mu-43 Veteran

Jul 28, 2013
    India
    I went with the HiTech 67mm filter system and have a a 0.6 and 1.2 Soft grad filters with a 52mm ring. I think size is the same as the Cokin A system. The prices seem better than the Lee system at least here in Germany and the quality seems fine too. I did not notice any color casts or shifting. I have got round circular threaded 52mm circular polariser and ND filters of strengths 0.9, 1.8 and 3.0 coz I just prefer the convenience of these more than anything else.

For shooting seascapes and well defined horizon lines the hard grad is preferable. For mountains and other landscape scenarios without a well defined horizon line soft grads are preferable.

• Informative Informative x 1