Lee filters Seven5 filter pouch

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by rklepper, Jan 2, 2014.

1. rklepper

rklepper Mu-43 Top Veteran

Dec 19, 2012
    Iowa, USA
    Robert
    Does anyone know of a pouch appropriate for the Lee filters Seven5 filters? The pouches for the 100mm are just huge by comparison.

2. cdo221

cdo221 Mu-43 Rookie

May 3, 2013
    +1 on this, I'm also looking for a good pouch for Seven5 sized filters.

• Like Like x 1
  3. dennisbk

dennisbk New to Mu-43

May 25, 2014
    Seven5 filter pouch

I made my own filter case for the seven5 format and I posted a detailed description of how to make it:

http://www.making-photo-gear.com/seven5-filter-box/

It's true that the existing pouches for 100mm are huge. If you want to save space, do it like me and make your own :)

Here is a size comparison:

2014_260_J1400-1.

4. rklepper

Dec 19, 2012
    Iowa, USA
    Robert
    That looks great, but unfortunately I do not have access to any f the required tools.

5. dennisbk

dennisbk New to Mu-43

May 25, 2014
    Robert, I also didn't have access to such machines until I discovered that there are FabLabs in most bigger cities where anybody interested can go and learn how to use those machines. But there are also services like emachineshop.com that can make any parts you design and you simply get them in the mail. It's a little more expensive though.

6. Lcrunyon

Lcrunyon Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jun 4, 2014
    Maryland
    Loren
    I use a Tamrac mx5388 filter pouch, which is perfect for the Seven5 system. There are five slots, just wide enough for them, but deep enough that I can fit a three-pack in a single one. The polarizer and/or filter holder will also fit. I can keep the entire Seven5 system in there, except for the lens hood.

I don't see it at B&H anymore, but it looks like they've released a new one that seems exactly the same.

Here are a few shots of mine with the filters inside. I keep them in the blue cloth wrap they came with for extra protection, but I suppose that isn't necessary.

image.

image.

7. Clint

Clint Mu-43 All-Pro

Apr 22, 2013
    San Diego area, CA
    Clint
    The only Tamrac mx5388 I could only find on Amazon for $50 (????), or one from eBay for $35 with shipping, one from England for $37.35 with shipping, or a used one for $25.

Tamrac's new filter case is the Arc Filter Case T0360-1919 - still not available at any US stores I've checked. ooopps - in my email box from Samy's in California - they now have them $26.

Lee has released a new filter case for Seven5 the Seven5 System Pouch - looks like the perfect item. But I have not found it in any US stores yet. It is about 3/4 the way down the page, http://www.leefilters.com/index.php/camera/system-seven5

A video at the bottom of the page, Lee Cornish's Seven5 Overview at about 6:28 into the video talks about the pouch.

I ended up getting a Manfrotto Stile Collection: Nano 1 Camera Pouch from B&H ($12.88) about the perfect size, but no handle, no belt loop, and no means for a strap. I've got five filters in it with room for another 2 or 3, and there is a small pouch on the front which holds the filter holder and several adapter rings in it - tight fit.

8. Lcrunyon

Jun 4, 2014
    Maryland
    Loren
    I don't remember how much the Tamrac pouch cost me when I bought it, but I can't imagine I would have bought it if it were that much back then. I dunno, maybe I did...

That Lee case does look perfect. It looks like it will be available from B&H on October 9 for $60.00. (Yikes)

Last edited: Sep 18, 2015
  9. Clint

Clint Mu-43 All-Pro

Apr 22, 2013
    San Diego area, CA
    Clint
    $60.00 (Yikes) is an understatement!!!! About the Manfrotto Nano 1case, there is belt loop. But the kind you have to take the belt off to get the case on the belt. Here are a few photos.

Seven5%20Filters%20Manfroto%20Nano%201%20Case-9185606.

Seven5%20Filters%20Manfroto%20Nano%201%20Case-9185608.
    Seven5%20Filters%20Manfroto%20Nano%201%20Case-9185609.

10. mcrosa

mcrosa Mu-43 Regular

Jun 26, 2013
    Miami, Florida
    Mike Crosa
    Take a look at the mindshift filter nest. Amazon has them for $44.99. I am looking at it to hold my Cokin series A filters. Don't know if the Lee series 7 filters would fit.

11. RVJ

RVJ Mu-43 Regular

Aug 19, 2015
    Saint Louis, MO
  12. Clint

Clint Mu-43 All-Pro

Apr 22, 2013
    San Diego area, CA
    Clint
    The OP of that thread also happens to be the OP of this thread!

13. RVJ

RVJ Mu-43 Regular

Aug 19, 2015
    Saint Louis, MO
    Oops bedtime for me then!

14. gingergirl

gingergirl Mu-43 Regular

Apr 15, 2014
    I use the mindshift filter hive. The pockets are quite wide, so I put a piece of velcro down them middle to divide the pocket in half and I'm able to put 2 Seven5 filters standing up in one pocket.

• Informative Informative x 1
  15. Lcrunyon

Jun 4, 2014
    Maryland
    Loren
    As I was doing some long exposure photography today, it really hit me how important a good filter organizer is. I'm on vacation with my wife's family, and I knew they would get bored if I spent too much time in one place. Plus, it was muddy where I was shooting, so laying anything down was problematic.

The best pouch would be small and portable to fit on a belt and around a tripod, yet just big enough to fit the Seven5 system. The Tamrac is certainly compact, but to carry all the filters, I need to carry the grads in their three-pack tri-folds. This requires more time and space than I had today to get everything organized and set up, and anyone whose shot with filter sets knows that you need to be methodical and efficient. The Tamrac does attach to a belt via a large and sturdy Velcro flap, but it doesn't hang around the tripod.

The Mindshift option looks nice, too, and would certainly work as well as the Lee - and better than my Tamrac. It might be bigger than needed for the Seven5 system (unless Lee adds more stuff to it :inlove:), or maybe that extra room could be used for the lens hood. One of the reviewers mentioned that he could fit it.

Last edited: Oct 1, 2015
  16. rklepper

Dec 19, 2012
    Iowa, USA
    Robert
    The Lee pouch is expensive, but I for one just ordered one. It is worth it to me as what I am currently using is so clunky that sometimes it just doesn't get used as I don't want to deal with it. It is supposed to be delivered 12 Oct.

17. Lcrunyon

Jun 4, 2014
    Maryland
    Loren
    I think I'm right behind you. As soon as B&H opens back up, I'll be ordering it

18. Repp

Repp Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jan 27, 2011
    Oak Harbor, WA
    Shows that it's out of stock, but mine arrived in the mail a few min ago. It's thicker than I expected it to be, and the tripod attachment strap is pretty long, but looks like it will have just the right amount of space if I want to take EVERYTHING with me. Nice construction, and water resistant zipper which I didn't notice on the site.

19. Clint

Clint Mu-43 All-Pro

Apr 22, 2013
    San Diego area, CA
    Clint
    What are the dimensions?