Lee filter adapter for Olympus 7-14 pro

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by Wes Coleman, Feb 16, 2017.

1. Wes Coleman

Wes Coleman Mu-43 Regular

Oct 24, 2015
    Huntsville, AL
    Wes Coleman
    I've been looking for a good system of filters for my 7-14 pro. There are several well-reviewed 3D printed adapters but now I see that Lee has an official adapter for their 100mm system. The problem is it recommends using only 10-14mm due to vignetting. Does anybody have any firsthand knowledge of whether the vignetting occurs with the filters straight or (as I'm imagining) the vignetting only occurs when the filters are rotated? Also, wouldn't the vignetting have more to do with the rails on the actual filter holder than it would with the adapter?

Update: A representative at Lee said vignetting can occur regardless of filter orientation at focal lengths less than 10mm. FWIW, he said the vignetting is not an issue if you use the 150mm filter system, but those filters are absolutely massive. Looks like I'll be trying one of the 3D printed adapters!

Last edited: Feb 16, 2017
  2. Angus Gibbins

Angus Gibbins Mu-43 Veteran

Dec 6, 2015
    Brisbane, Australia
    Angus
    Ugh! I'm in the same boat, looking for a filter system for my 7-14mm and my M. Zuiko Pro lenses in general. Will be curious to see what worked out for you.

3. Neil_jo

Neil_jo Mu-43 Rookie Subscribing Member

Feb 1, 2017
    Ontario
    Neil Johnson
    I bought one of the 3D printed ones from Shapeways I think for about 55.00 Cnd. It came with 2 felt ( one spare )gaskets and fits fairly snug on the lens. Use this with the Lee 100mm system.
    It does not vignette at 7mm with two filters attached but does with the 105mm ring attached and even more with a polarizer. Which makes me think I need another holder, one for the 105mm ring and polarizer and one without for the 7-14mm. Here are shot shots at 7 mm, one with just the ring, one with ring and polarizer and one with no ring but two filters in the holder. Plus with the polarizer attached the vignette does not go away until 12mm. _5160001. _5160002. _5160003.

and seems to

Last edited: May 16, 2017
    • Informative Informative x 2
  4. Angus Gibbins

Angus Gibbins Mu-43 Veteran

Dec 6, 2015
    Brisbane, Australia
    Angus
    At the moment looking at Formatt-Hitech filters and adapters. They seem reasonably well priced.

5. Lcrunyon

Lcrunyon Mu-43 Top Veteran Subscribing Member

Jun 4, 2014
    Maryland
    Loren
    I've been thinking about this too, but I don't want to buy yet more filters. I think I'll stick to 12mm for filtered images. I can always do panos.

6. comment23

comment23 Mu-43 Regular Subscribing Member

Aug 26, 2016
    Hampshire, UK