Leather skin for GF1

mav

Mu-43 Regular
Real Name
Matt
Does anyone know where to buy these vinyl/leather skins for a GF1?

p001_b.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

everythingsablur

Mu-43 Veteran
How well do these help (or hinder) grip? My wife likes the GF1 but does complain that the grip is lacking a little, even for her petite hands. I can't tell if these would be grippier, or are slightly slick and would make grip worse (kind of how she feels about the E-P2's leatherette grip).

everythingsablur

Mu-43 Veteran

Deep black looks great, and much better than what mav had originally posted. The other two designs - cube and carbon - look horrible. I like MC Escher style cubes as much as the next guy, but wow is that uggo.

I think I may just have to order one if it will improve the grip even a tiny bit (and class it up a bit at the same time ;) ). I wonder how the adhesive is... On one hand I don't want it to peel/slide off easily, on the other, I don't necessarily want it to be permanent in case I sell the GF1 and buyer doesn't like it.

flipGTO

Mu-43 Regular
I have the SGP deep black on and it definitely improved the grip. It was very slick prior to putting on the skin. I believe the one you have pictured is the aki-asahi skin, which is currently unavailable.
4436853617_d9b7e14140_b.jpg

everythingsablur

Mu-43 Veteran
I have the SGP deep black on and it definitely improved the grip. It was very slick prior to putting on the skin. I believe the one you have pictured is the aki-asahi skin, which is currently unavailable.
How easy/difficult was it to put on (there are a fair number of individual pieces)? Is the adhesive really strong?

Glenn S

Mu-43 Top Veteran
The SGP skin I posted the link to is very easy to fit and having used my GF1 daily in the heat and humidity of the Far East for 3 weeks, I can say that it won't peel off accidentally. It does enhance grip and unlike the Asahi version, you can open the door to access the av sockets with the skin fitted.

tomrock

Mu-43 Regular
Thanks for posting this thread. I ordered one last week and talked my wife into putting it on for me today!

gf1skin.jpg

JoepLX3

Mu-43 Top Veteran
If they make a hole for the "L" then why not for "GF1" and "Lumix"?
- or at least don't print those on the leather...

Latest threads

Top Bottom