1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Leather case for E-M5 to replace the original PEN case...

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by MrKal_El, Apr 22, 2012.

1. MrKal_El

MrKal_El Mu-43 Top Veteran

Mar 24, 2011
    Hey guys....with my (hopefully soon) upcoming E-M5...I realize the case that I use to go to restaurants etc will no longer fit. :frown:

From my E-PL2 to the E-P3 w/ the 20mm.... the original PEN leather case was perfect...

What do you guys suggest? Something small, leather and stylish?

2. MrKal_El

Mar 24, 2011
    I actually did...and while it looks nice... it really isnt the look I am going for. Plus it is made for the 12-50mm lens...which is kinda large. (Funny that I might still pick one up lol)

I need something that would just fit the E-M5 with either the 20mm or the 45mm and is good looking :)

3. MrKal_El

Mar 24, 2011
    Anything guys?

4. MrKal_El

Mar 24, 2011
  5. MrKal_El

Mar 24, 2011
  6. CUB

CUB Mu-43 Veteran

Apr 19, 2012

I have a Gariz wrist strap that is also claimed to be made from "Real Leather". It looked nice when I took it out of its plastic tube packaging but it doesn't feel like leather at all. Nothing to do with a cow. More like Genuine Plastic. It has not improved with wear, either. There are unsightly wrinkles where the strap bends and it looks as though the "leather" could be starting to delaminate after only a few weeks' reasonably careful use.

This was my second Gariz purchase. My first was a padded fabric wrist strap which is excellent - very well made and extremely comfortable to use.

After this experience I would be very cautious about recommending anything from Gariz made from "Genuine Leather". But I advise you to consult widely as other people will have different opinions. I am aware that Gary (the owner of Gariz) has an enthusiastic following, and they cannot possibly all be wrong.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Ned

Ned Mu-43 Legend

Jul 18, 2010
    Alberta, Canada
    Maybe this is off-topic, but damn that is one sexy bag! I have a Mini plus Jupiter-3 that I carry in a tiny belt bag which would probably fit perfectly in that PEN leather case, and it would match my larger satchel that I use to carry a more extensive set of Mini + 25mm/2.8, 50mm/1.4, 135mm/2.8, 1.4x teleconverter, FL-36R, flash diffuser, flash bracket, video mic and LED light array...

leather_satchel_web.

I always wished I had something as nice to carry my other Mini with the small rangefinder lens...

8. MrKal_El

Mar 24, 2011
    So what bag is that?

9. MrKal_El

Mar 24, 2011
    I am bumping this up hoping that with all the new E-M5 users, someone might have some suggestions?

10. Amin Sabet

Amin Sabet Administrator

Apr 10, 2009
    Boston, MA (USA)
    I had a Gariz leather half case for the E-P3 which seemed like nice leather to me, but I'm no leather connoisseur.

Looking at the pictures of the Gariz case you showed in this thread, I'd be concerned about the hump of the E-M5. Maybe write to them and ask?

11. MrKal_El

Mar 24, 2011
    Yup...the bump will def be an issue...