1. Reminder: Please user our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

Learning

Discussion in 'This or That? (MFT only)' started by Chrisireland84, May 14, 2016.

1. Chrisireland84

Chrisireland84 Mu-43 Rookie

May 8, 2016
    Chris ireland
    after getting my epl5 Iam wanting to learn the shooting modes on the camera can anyone post any links for the basics to start learning them

2. Tenpenny

Tenpenny Mu-43 Regular

Mar 16, 2015
    Nampa, Idaho
    Brent Watkins
    Hi Chris. I'm not quite sure what your starting point is but, if you are like me, a good little overview of the camera and what it's capable of can send me off on several google searches when I want to get specific.

This guy has a pretty good overview of the camera. It's a place to start anyway :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Chrisireland84

Chrisireland84 Mu-43 Rookie

May 8, 2016
    Chris ireland
    Thank you will check this out

4. phigmov

phigmov Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Apr 4, 2010
    Brian Mosley did an old series introducing the Olympus menus - it'll look dated in comparison to your camera but the basics are still valid.

Brian Mosley

Probably the handiest menu to enable is the Super Control Panel (often abbreviated to SCP) - lets you get to most key functions from a single key-press.

5. Klorenzo

Klorenzo Mu-43 All-Pro

Mar 10, 2014
    Lorenzo
    Do you mean the modes specific to Olympus cameras or the basic PASM (Program, Aperture priority, Shutter priority, Manual) modes that are practically identical for every camera?

For the latter a good book is Understanding Exposure by B.Peterson.
    Online there are many, this ones for example:

Photography: Ditch Auto - Start Shooting in Manual
    Photography for Beginners | Photography Course Net

My advice is to pick one and follow it through the end, there are a few different topics that are important to know about and it may not be obvious which one are more important (and usually in a beginner course everything is important and already summarized to the very minimum terms).

6. StefanKruse

StefanKruse Mu-43 Veteran

Jan 28, 2015
    Denmark
    Stefan
    For general photo tutorials B&H and adorama have a bunch videos on youtube. They are quite long especially the B&H ones, but they are very good