Learning to use the 45-200

Discussion in 'Native Lenses' started by Maczero, Jul 4, 2010.

1. Maczero

Maczero Mu-43 Regular

Feb 13, 2010
    Fife
    I have been trying to improve my telephoto photography, as well as learning how to use the Lumix 45-200 on my GF1. My current technique is to use shutter priority. I set the shutter speed that I think I need to eliminate camera shake (although I'm not really allowing for the OIS system and there is probably a bit of fudge here) and then adjust the ISO up as necessary to ensure that I can at least achieve the minimum aperture for the focal length (preferably with some leeway to stop down a bit).

The lens works as a pretty decent macro, even at a 1m stand-off.

Here is a shot from yesterday showing the a bee just loving the honeysuckle in the garden:

[​IMG]

I am pleased with how sharp this image is. I have been trying to achieve this for ages with an E-520 and 70-300. The GF1 nailed it first time. This is an almost default development from Raw in Aperture 3, BTW.

Andrew

• Like Like x 1
  2. Pelao

Pelao Mu-43 Top Veteran

Feb 3, 2010
    Ontario, Canada
    Fascinating lens. From what I read it has some strong limitations, but when used with those in mind, it can produce some great opportunities. Nice shot. Imagine a similar one against a flower that's any colour but yellow...

Thanks for posting.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.