1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Learning to Love the LX100

Discussion in 'Panasonic Cameras' started by NCV, May 16, 2016.

1. NCV

NCV Mu-43 Regular

Mar 9, 2016
    Italy
    Nigel
    A couple of months ago I bought at half price second hand an almost unused LX100. I quickly discovered why it had been offloaded to my dealer: the “Chinese hair syndrome”.

So off it went to Panasonic under warranty. When It came back it had developed a weird focusing problems where I had to switch it on and off a few times before it would be able to focus. So back it went again.

Now I have got it back finally working perfectly I am starting to love this powerful little camera.

I took it on a walkon Sunday as I could not be bothered to carry a bag full of gear and it performed fantastically, perhaps too fantastically when I look at my bag full of bodies and lenses kit.

I particularly love the shutter speed dial and aperture ring setup. What a brilliant an quick solution to change camera settings on the fly.

P4430766.JPG
    Thunder storm over Monte Cusna from Carpineti, Italy

P4430756.JPG

P4430821.JPG

P4430852.JPG

P4430868.JPG

• Like Like x 6
  2. CarlB

CarlB Mu-43 Veteran

Gorgeous shots. I love the features and haptics of the LX-100. Don't have one myself, but when the LX-100 mk II comes out with the 20MP latest-gen sensor, I'll be first on the pre-order list. Now just waiting for Panasonic to make that announcement (of which I know nothing) ...

3. Ateesh

Ateesh Mu-43 Rookie

Jun 16, 2016
    Singapore
    Just beautiful. Particularly number 1.

4. Clemo

Clemo Mu-43 Regular

Jun 22, 2015
    Henry
    Nice pics, whats chinese hair syndrome though? Never heard of this expression.

5. NCV

NCV Mu-43 Regular

Mar 9, 2016
    Italy
    Nigel
    A big problem with this camera I am told by my dealer who spoke with Panasonic in Italy was that it came from the Chinese factory with dust and hair already on the sensor.

In fact mine had a nice big hair on the sensor as well as dust.