Le Hook Quick Release

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by Streetshooter, May 17, 2010.

1. Streetshooter

Streetshooter Administrator Emeritus Subscribing Member Charter Member

Dec 15, 2009
    Phila, Pa USA
    It's been a long search for a long time. I'm finally happy and the journey is over.
    I wanted a quick release that really filled a few different areas for me.
    It needed to be fully functional, aesthetically pleasing, safe, dependable and above all else, cost effective.
    I didn't want those plastic buckle things. I wanted to be able to use my own straps and wrist strap.

So, along comes Rik Plomp from Leica goodies. He has the original Le Hook.
    I though that at $20.00 USD per it would be expensive but then after a thinking spell, I realized that 30 years have passed with little or no satisfaction in this quest.

I ordered 3 from Rik. His communications are top notch. I got them in 4 days much to my surprise. I was actually elated but thought, I better test these guys out before I speak. I've had them for a month and they are perfect.
    The fit and finish is beautiful. The size is very comfortable and any smaller I wouldn't like them. They attach with a standard ring to any strap.
    They hold the camera secure and release when you press the 2 balls in the indent.
    I tried to make it fail but it wouldn't. I have 2 on my neck strap and 1 on my wrist strap. Now it's easy to switch between cameras/straps in a second.

Believe me, at $20.00 USD per, they are worth it. I will never have to replace them unless I loose them and that hopefully won't happen.

I put them on Luigi's straps so they even look great attached.
    Here's a few pics.
    They are also available in a real cool looking Black.

Order from www.leicagoodies.com
    Rik Plomp.
    Enjoy...shooter

ps. Pen2 with Jupiter 8, 50mm f2

Attached Files:

2. Bokeh Diem

Bokeh Diem Mu-43 Top Veteran

Mar 14, 2010
    Toronto
    Yep, I like the Bosun's Whistle nautical theme.

Jus' kiddin'.. they look quite skookum. No fooling around with those things.

Bokeh Diem

3. Streetshooter

Streetshooter Administrator Emeritus Subscribing Member Charter Member

Dec 15, 2009
    Phila, Pa USA
    Ya know, I thought they would be to big but after using them for the month, there are the perfect size. On the wrist strap, it adds just the right amount of room to move without the constraint of the strap.
    Great stuff....

• Like Like x 2
  4. Stephen Geis

Stephen Geis Mu-43 Top Veteran

May 13, 2010
    Charlotte, NC
    Streetshooter,

I can only say "WAY cool"

And dang, yet another thing to add to my shopping cart ...

Stephen