LCD protector on E-PL2

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by twmangrove, Jul 25, 2011.

1. twmangrove

twmangrove Mu-43 Regular

May 8, 2011
    B.C.
    Hi folks,
    I'm wondering if someone here uses an ACMAXX LCD protector on their E-PL2, or something similar. I have one on my E-PL1. On that camera it makes perfect sense, and is a great investment. The LCD on the PL2 already has a solid cover, so I'm not sure if putting a solid protector on it makes sense - if it will cause unwanted glare or, well, I don't know.

Thanks kindly

2. twmangrove

twmangrove Mu-43 Regular

May 8, 2011
    B.C.
    So no one can say how a thick screen protector like an ACMAXX on the E-PL2 might affect viewing on the LCD?

3. wyip

wyip Mu-43 Regular

Nov 17, 2010
    San Francisco, CA
    I'm not sure how thick the ACMAXX protector is, but I have a GGS screen protector on my E-PL2 with no issues. Hope that helps.

• Like Like x 1
  4. RT_Panther

RT_Panther Mu-43 Legend

May 4, 2011
    Texas
    All I did was cut one of my spare iPhone protectors down to size & voila! :smile:

• Like Like x 1
  5. twmangrove

twmangrove Mu-43 Regular

May 8, 2011
    B.C.
    Thanks kindly! The GGS is probably about the same thickness, so that's good to know.
    Cheers.

6. Ned

Ned Mu-43 Legend

Jul 18, 2010
    Alberta, Canada
    The reason my E-P1 is busted right now is because the LCD got cracked inside. I think it has a similar finish to the E-PL2 (at least, I never noticed any physical difference). So yes, I would say that adding a protector is a good idea on the E-PL2.

I don't have one on mine though, because I haven't found one that suits me. I had a thick anti-glare protector for cellphones on it, which I thought worked well, but it didn't stay on. :( 

• Like Like x 1
  7. dixeyk

dixeyk Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Aug 9, 2010
    I use a GGS glass LCD protector on my E-P1 and it both fits and works great. In fact, it improves the legibility of the LCD as well (a bit). heck of a deal for all of $4.

8. CarlB

CarlB Mu-43 Veteran

I put one of the thinner ones on my E-PL2, and it still has ended up at the Olympus repair shop for a cracked screen. $110 + shipping to fix it.

I'm very worried about the E-P3. I'll want to go with a screen protector and I hoping to find a decent case to raise the area around the screen.

• Like Like x 1
  9. odsagn

odsagn Mu-43 Rookie

May 6, 2011
    Los Angeles
    I have the ACMAXX on my E-PL2 and love it. No more worrying about scratches.

10. goldjim

goldjim Mu-43 Regular

Apr 22, 2011
    Md.
    There is no GGS protector specifically for the EPL2. The one that goes on the EP1-2 does not fit the EPL2 as it should no matter who says anything different. Vertically it doesn't fit properly.

11. twmangrove

twmangrove Mu-43 Regular

May 8, 2011
    B.C.
    Thanks for replies

Hi all and thanks for the responses.
    I recently learned there is no GGS cover for the PL2 so I ordered another ACMAXX. However, after ordering the LCD protector, extra batteries etc. for my newly acquired, sold as "New" PL2, I found scratches on the LCD, nicks on the lens barrell and spots on the sensor - and close to 3,000 clicks on the camera. So it went back to the seller (not someone who posts here), who I am hoping will be fair and uphold the good faith I have provided, instead of my having to go through small claims.

When I get the money back, I'll look for another PL2. Put an ad up here, but will likely wind up buying new from a vendor as the price seems to be falling. Or maybe just say to hell with it and keep my PL1.
    Regards

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.