LCD protector on E-PL2

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by twmangrove, Jul 25, 2011.

1. twmangrove

twmangrove Mu-43 Regular

May 8, 2011
    The Shuswap, B.C.
    Hi folks,
    I'm wondering if someone here uses an ACMAXX LCD protector on their E-PL2, or something similar. I have one on my E-PL1. On that camera it makes perfect sense, and is a great investment. The LCD on the PL2 already has a solid cover, so I'm not sure if putting a solid protector on it makes sense - if it will cause unwanted glare or, well, I don't know.

Thanks kindly

2. twmangrove

twmangrove Mu-43 Regular

May 8, 2011
    The Shuswap, B.C.
    So no one can say how a thick screen protector like an ACMAXX on the E-PL2 might affect viewing on the LCD?

3. wyip

wyip Mu-43 Regular

Nov 17, 2010
    San Francisco, CA
    I'm not sure how thick the ACMAXX protector is, but I have a GGS screen protector on my E-PL2 with no issues. Hope that helps.

• Like Like x 1
  4. RT_Panther

RT_Panther Mu-43 Legend

May 4, 2011
    Texas
    All I did was cut one of my spare iPhone protectors down to size & voila! :smile:

• Like Like x 1
  5. twmangrove

twmangrove Mu-43 Regular

May 8, 2011
    The Shuswap, B.C.
    Thanks kindly! The GGS is probably about the same thickness, so that's good to know.
    Cheers.

6. Ned

Ned Mu-43 Legend

Jul 18, 2010
    Alberta, Canada
    The reason my E-P1 is busted right now is because the LCD got cracked inside. I think it has a similar finish to the E-PL2 (at least, I never noticed any physical difference). So yes, I would say that adding a protector is a good idea on the E-PL2.

I don't have one on mine though, because I haven't found one that suits me. I had a thick anti-glare protector for cellphones on it, which I thought worked well, but it didn't stay on. :(

• Like Like x 1
  7. dixeyk

dixeyk Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Aug 9, 2010
    I use a GGS glass LCD protector on my E-P1 and it both fits and works great. In fact, it improves the legibility of the LCD as well (a bit). heck of a deal for all of $4.

8. CarlB

CarlB Mu-43 Veteran

I put one of the thinner ones on my E-PL2, and it still has ended up at the Olympus repair shop for a cracked screen. $110 + shipping to fix it.

I'm very worried about the E-P3. I'll want to go with a screen protector and I hoping to find a decent case to raise the area around the screen.

• Like Like x 1
  9. odsagn

odsagn Mu-43 Rookie

May 6, 2011
    Los Angeles
    I have the ACMAXX on my E-PL2 and love it. No more worrying about scratches.

10. goldjim

goldjim Mu-43 Regular

Apr 22, 2011
    Md.
    There is no GGS protector specifically for the EPL2. The one that goes on the EP1-2 does not fit the EPL2 as it should no matter who says anything different. Vertically it doesn't fit properly.

11. twmangrove

twmangrove Mu-43 Regular

May 8, 2011
    The Shuswap, B.C.
    Thanks for replies

Hi all and thanks for the responses.
    I recently learned there is no GGS cover for the PL2 so I ordered another ACMAXX. However, after ordering the LCD protector, extra batteries etc. for my newly acquired, sold as "New" PL2, I found scratches on the LCD, nicks on the lens barrell and spots on the sensor - and close to 3,000 clicks on the camera. So it went back to the seller (not someone who posts here), who I am hoping will be fair and uphold the good faith I have provided, instead of my having to go through small claims.

When I get the money back, I'll look for another PL2. Put an ad up here, but will likely wind up buying new from a vendor as the price seems to be falling. Or maybe just say to hell with it and keep my PL1.
    Regards